Default [Q] I caused problems with updates and other general issues

I will save you the details of what I was thinking and why. But I rooted through Kingo and using nobloat I uninstalled a handful of apps, mainly what I saw listed as safe to remove. Then I had to do a factory reset on my phone and I did it without thinking and now everything I blocked is gone.

When it first came back up I had no touchwiz or Samsung keyboard. I had to plug in an external keyboard and install Nova Launcher before I could even use my home screen.

So I'm back up on a non-rooted phone (removed Kingo root) with my knox not tripped. However it fails to install updates. I have no warranty left on this device.

Is there any way to get ota updates to work again or did I need it up to badly? I have also lost kies so I think that eliminates all other ways to update the phone. I have android 4.3

Should I just leave well enough alone? Is there as way to get this phone back to pristine? Should I even be concerned with future updates? Do I just figure out how to properly root this device and install a 4.4.2 rom?

Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks in advance!