Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to root Xperia Tablet z on 4.4.2 (10.5.A.0.230)

OP craigimon

14th June 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello I have an xperia tablet z SGP321 which is currently on android 4.4.2. But it's very buggy atm, and I would like to install a rom on it like omni rom or cm11. But in order to do this I have to root the device, and I would like to know how to root this? Am I able to root it currently or is it not possible atm due to the new software (4.4.2)? I have also tried unlocking the bootloader using the instructions on sony's website and other instructions by other people but they all failed. I know for a fact I did them all correctly and it just didint work. Is this because its not currently possible on android 4.4.2 on this device? Thank you in advance.
16th June 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #2  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 158

158 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigimon

Hello I have an xperia tablet z SGP321 which is currently on android 4.4.2. But it's very buggy atm, and I would like to install a rom on it like omni rom or cm11. But in order to do this I have to root the device, and I would like to know how to root this? Am I able to root it currently or is it not possible atm due to the new software (4.4.2)? I have also tried unlocking the bootloader using the instructions on sony's website and other instructions by other people but they all failed. I know for a fact I did them all correctly and it just didint work. Is this because its not currently possible on android 4.4.2 on this device? Thank you in advance.

If you insist on installing something like cm11 you will have to unlock your bootloader before anything else. It is not clear what you mean when you say they all failed or it just didn't work. Did you follow sony's official guide? And by the way, it's better to make a back up of your ta partition before unlocking in case you want to ever revert it.
16th June 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Have a look here. That worked for me to root my 4.4.2 device:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2759141

You have to do a downgrade to 4.1 before. But thats all in the root instruction.
16th June 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Smile
Thank you for your help, but I found out how to unlock bootloader and install cm 10.2.1 on my tablet already. I followed instructions from a youtube video. It was quite different from the instructions on sonys unlock bootloader guide. I didn't have to downgrade either it worked with 4.4.2 .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread