Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 51,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

16 vs. 32 GB and ROMs

Tip us?

flash555
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all just want to know how much space left available can be used if i take LG G3 16GB ? Thanks

wyase9
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash555 View Post
Hi all just want to know how much space left available can be used if i take LG G3 16GB ? Thanks
I would guess 10 to 11 gb of space for the apps and data that cannot be moved to the SD card. For me, this will consist of a few apps (metro newspaper eats loads of space !) , and lots of camera pics and videos (high resolution) and loads of whatsapp pics and videos (whatsapp stuff cannot be moved to sd either)

......that is why i am avoiding getting the 16gb version - LG are such s**theads for not selling the 32gb in the UK...makes me so angry !

I sent an email to LG UK support and as expected, they could only tell me that at present the 32gb is not announced for the UK, nor do they know if it will be or when, blah blah blah !!

Baccer
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I already preordered the 32GB version because
- apps getting bigger like GTA
- Offline Navigation like Navigon need alot of space
- Taking pictures and Videos

at least LG sells the 32GB here. HTC won't sell the 32gb M8 and S5 also not available as 32 GB
perfect would be a G3 with 64 GB internal memory

flash555
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyase9 View Post
I would guess 10 to 11 gb of space for the apps and data that cannot be moved to the SD card. For me, this will consist of a few apps (metro newspaper eats loads of space !) , and lots of camera pics and videos (high resolution) and loads of whatsapp pics and videos (whatsapp stuff cannot be moved to sd either)

......that is why i am avoiding getting the 16gb version - LG are such s**theads for not selling the 32gb in the UK...makes me so angry !

I sent an email to LG UK support and as expected, they could only tell me that at present the 32gb is not announced for the UK, nor do they know if it will be or when, blah blah blah !!
Thanks wyase9 for your info , i really agree with your reason about avoiding geeting the 16gb, but guess i have the same problem like you in my country (indonesia) only get the 16gb version and still don;t know when the 32 Gb will come. My friend in office also said the same like your reason they suggest i wait for the 32gb version ( Hopefully July 2014 will come )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccer View Post

at least LG sells the 32GB here. HTC won't sell the 32gb M8 and S5 also not available as 32 GB

thanks Baccer for your info , i guess i will wait for the 32Gb version

Dimer81
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

Hi
Where have you preordered the 32GB version?

Baccer
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimer81 View Post
Hi
Where have you preordered the 32GB version?
http://www.amazon.de/LG-Smartphone-Q...dp/B00KKM2UZG/

Dimer81
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Thanks
Do they send to US?

Baccer
Old
Thanks Meter 8
i guess so. Amazon.com will ship to Germany, so i guess Amazon.de will ship to USA. The only question would be, if the european model has the needed frequencies for the US and all the carriers