Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted Verizon S4 problems with 4G LTE signal / speed

Tip us?

jmac112
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Rooted Verizon S4 problems with 4G LTE signal / speed

Hi Everyone!

Iím new to the rooting community and hoping to get some help with my new used phone that I bought off swappa. Hereís info on the phone:

Rooted Verizon S4, has Loki'd bootloader, currently running CyanogenMod 10.2-20131014-SKANK-jfltevzw, Android version 4.3.1.

Iíve been having problems with the 4G LTE signal / speed. I will get 1 to 2 bars and then drop to 1 bar of 3G when its in my pocket. Has anyone else run into this problem with CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM or on another ROM? Any suggestions on how to fix my LTE speed? I read somewhere to update the baseband radio or modems or APN???

I really appreciate any help and guidance you can give me.

Thanks!

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1441

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac112 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Iím new to the rooting community and hoping to get some help with my new used phone that I bought off swappa. Hereís info on the phone:

Rooted Verizon S4, has Loki'd bootloader, currently running CyanogenMod 10.2-20131014-SKANK-jfltevzw, Android version 4.3.1.

Iíve been having problems with the 4G LTE signal / speed. I will get 1 to 2 bars and then drop to 1 bar of 3G when its in my pocket. Has anyone else run into this problem with CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM or on another ROM? Any suggestions on how to fix my LTE speed? I read somewhere to update the baseband radio or modems or APN???

I really appreciate any help and guidance you can give me.

Thanks!
Go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487298

Grab the NC5 Modem Only file and flash that in recovery and see if it gets any better. Some ROMs have had random data bugs too so if that doesn't help try updating to maybe a Kit Kat version of CM or Liquid Smooth even.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jmac112
Old
(Last edited by jmac112; 15th June 2014 at 06:33 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2487298

Grab the NC5 Modem Only file and flash that in recovery and see if it gets any better. Some ROMs have had random data bugs too so if that doesn't help try updating to maybe a Kit Kat version of CM or Liquid Smooth even.

Sorry I'm a total noob, can you help with install instructions for the modem only file? Download it and put on my SD card or should I hook my phone up to the computer?

Thanks for the help!

galaxyguy11
Old
Thanks Meter 1
read that thread and search on how to install a file. you will need a program for how to do it, search for that too
but anyway its your software, either get that file or a kit kat rom like mentioned so it fixes your issue
Quote:
Sorry I'm a total noob, can you help with install instructions for the modem only file? Download it and put on my SD card or should I hook my phone up to the computer?

Thanks for the help!

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1441

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Thanks for the help!
Just download the modem only file of you choice try NC5.

Doesn't matter where it's saved to on your phone right now. /SD Card/Download is where it'll be most likely.
Then hop into your recovery and just install that modem zip file like anything else you'd flash in recovery.

When it's done just reboot back into Android and you're good!!