Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

why arent there any infuse 4g touchwiz 4.4.2 roms

Tip us?
 
6th_Hokage
Old
(Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 15th June 2014 at 11:09 AM.)
#1  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 568
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Osos
Default why arent there any infuse 4g touchwiz 4.4.2 roms

i was wondering why was touchwiz kinda dropped from infuse development? like i saw remi ics and jb but no kk...but there aren't any ports of stock 4.4.2-4.4.3 touchwiz available...has no one tried to do it?....cause Hyperdrive rom looks awesome
my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms


current phone:
Boost Samsung Galaxy S3 running Wicked X v7.3

Past phone: latest to oldest
Samsung Galaxy Infuse 4G retired
Samsung Galaxy S 4G 3rd time around
HTC myTouch 3G slide
Samsung Galaxy S 4G 2nd time around
T-mobile myTouch
Samsung Galaxy S 4G
HTC Sensation 4G i miss you :'(
Motorola Backflip
 
niral7
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 194
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_Azul View Post
i was wondering why was touchwiz kinda dropped from infuse development? like i saw remi ics and jb but no kk...but there aren't any ports of stock 4.4.2-4.4.3 touchwiz available...has no one tried to do it?....cause Hyperdrive rom looks awesome
The only Touchwiz drivers we have are from gingerbread. Touchwiz 4.4 is vastly different and re engineering the code would take a TON of work. Also, the infuse probably not run it efficiently and it is simply not worth the time to developers because this is not a popular device.
Devices:

LG Nexus 5
ROM: SlimKat with Franco Kernel
Asus Nexus 7
ROM: SlimKat with ElementalX
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 (using on T-Mobile)
ROM: W03 Slim V21
Samsung Infuse 4G
ROM: CarbonROM
Apple iPad 4
Pebble Smartwatch

Past Devices:

Asus Transformer Pad TF300 - Sold
Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 - Sold[/HIDE]
The Following User Says Thank You to niral7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
6th_Hokage
Old
#3  
6th_Hokage's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 155
Posts: 568
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Osos
Quote:
Originally Posted by niral7 View Post
The only Touchwiz drivers we have are from gingerbread. Touchwiz 4.4 is vastly different and re engineering the code would take a TON of work. Also, the infuse probably not run it efficiently and it is simply not worth the time to developers because this is not a popular device.
Well thanks for the reply but it did bother me that there weren't any.....is it possible to get the remi ROM in KK?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms


current phone:
Boost Samsung Galaxy S3 running Wicked X v7.3

Past phone: latest to oldest
Samsung Galaxy Infuse 4G retired
Samsung Galaxy S 4G 3rd time around
HTC myTouch 3G slide
Samsung Galaxy S 4G 2nd time around
T-mobile myTouch
Samsung Galaxy S 4G
HTC Sensation 4G i miss you :'(
Motorola Backflip
 
niral7
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 194
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage View Post
Well thanks for the reply but it did bother me that there weren't any.....is it possible to get the remi ROM in KK?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Remics ROM appears to have stopped at JB. There is a Resurrection Remix but we would need their team to develop for the infuse.
Devices:

LG Nexus 5
ROM: SlimKat with Franco Kernel
Asus Nexus 7
ROM: SlimKat with ElementalX
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 (using on T-Mobile)
ROM: W03 Slim V21
Samsung Infuse 4G
ROM: CarbonROM
Apple iPad 4
Pebble Smartwatch

Past Devices:

Asus Transformer Pad TF300 - Sold
Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 - Sold[/HIDE]
The Following User Says Thank You to niral7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes