Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Blackberry messaging hub for android

OP Proud2bNoob

7th January 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

50 posts
I was wondering if there was something similar to BB hub for android. Ideally a widget that displays all messages, email, IMs, ect and lets you respond without opening the corresponding app (so not quite like BB hub).
I haven't been able to find anything and would try to implement this idea myself, but I have no idea how to. Would Tasker be enough or would I have to write a completely new app?
I've had some programming experience, but Tetris was the most advanced programm I've written (Python) and I've never tried developing something for android. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I can add a picture of what I'm aiming at if it isn't clear.
11th February 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Recife
Thanks Meter: 8

154 posts
More
IŽd like this too.
14th February 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

155 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbm

IŽd like this too.

me too
6th March 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #4  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 0

52 posts
More
this is the one thing I always missed on Android after I tried a BB Bold a few years ago.
16th June 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
blackberry hub like apps
after long search, have found 3 apps that cud do something like that - the bb hub though is quite unique and can only hope
they develop a launcher like at some stage

pure messenger, it includes emai, sms, calls, facebook and twitter - includes widget

executive assistant (has a free version as well) with text, email, sms, calls, fb and twitter as well as rss feeds - includes widget

and the last one, still in beta, but could work out nicely is simply called HUB (from e-MSI Sp. z o.o.)

have sent them a few suggestions as the developer there asking for same order improve it. this one u can include any app that u wish to have a notification from so added all my social apps along with email/calls/im/sms/bbm/whatsapp.

hope any of the above can be of any use to u
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread