Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

trying to do the tmobile unlock. having probs.

OP snyper2k2

12th June 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

137 posts
I got me a sprint HTC one max and started following the steps to unlock it. I did the boot loader unlock first and it worked fine. It now shows it unlocked on the boot loader. Next I flashed the cwm. That seemed to work fine too. After that I flashed the insecure kernel. And after that I wasn't able to start up the phone anymore.

It would show funky colors and boot up to the HTC logo and restart.

I did everything again and now I can boot up to a rom but only to the lock screen. If I swipe to unlock it I end up on an HTC screen. Sense doesn't start up. What can I do now? Side load?
I can't get to finish the soft from rumrunner because after it boots up it only stays on for so long before the reboot.

I'm new to the HTC one but not to flashing.
12th June 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 663

2,016 posts
Donate to Me
More
Which ROM did you flash? do tell us what CID / Model your phone is
16th June 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyper2k2

I got me a sprint HTC one max and started following the steps to unlock it. I did the boot loader unlock first and it worked fine. It now shows it unlocked on the boot loader. Next I flashed the cwm. That seemed to work fine too. After that I flashed the insecure kernel. And after that I wasn't able to start up the phone anymore.

It would show funky colors and boot up to the HTC logo and restart.

I did everything again and now I can boot up to a rom but only to the lock screen. If I swipe to unlock it I end up on an HTC screen. Sense doesn't start up. What can I do now? Side load?
I can't get to finish the soft from rumrunner because after it boots up it only stays on for so long before the reboot.

I'm new to the HTC one but not to flashing.

Use Firewater to S-Off. Rumrunner won't work on some versions of Android, especially 4.4.2.
I had the same exact problem you're having now, with the funky colors. You might be hard-bricked, just like I was. DO NOT FORMAT ANYTHING, or you'll lose your stock ROM, and there doesn't seem to be a stock ROM available, right now. If you already have, get ViperMAX 2.0.0 as your new OS. It's as close to stock as our models can get right now, and it ROCKS.
Check out the thread, I started, on this issue and subscribe to it. I have a feeling we'll get some great peeps to help us out!
Note the programs I'm using as well. Might help. I spent 20+ hours on this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2784654

Good luck to you bro
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread