Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 39,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Over the air update?

Tip us?

cosurgi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile [Q] Over the air update?

Hi,

I have heard that omate features over the air update (maybe called OTA?), which I suppose should be easy to use. I want to ask - how can I check if a new OTA update is available? How can I check my current version?

Will such update preserve all my contacts and calendar appointments?

I have omate 8GB/1GB in Europe 2100. I have flashed it with firmware TEST_RELEASE_Omate_2100_TrueSmart_20140314.zip (btw, was there a new firmware released, and I maybe missed it?)

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4946

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosurgi View Post
Hi,

I have heard that omate features over the air update (maybe called OTA?), which I suppose should be easy to use. I want to ask - how can I check if a new OTA update is available? How can I check my current version?

Will such update preserve all my contacts and calendar appointments?

I have omate 8GB/1GB in Europe 2100. I have flashed it with firmware TEST_RELEASE_Omate_2100_TrueSmart_20140314.zip (btw, was there a new firmware released, and I maybe missed it?)
To search for OTA update go to settings/system/about TS/wireless update and click "check for update"

You don't have to check for (F)OTA, system will inform you if it discover update.

Over the air update or OTA is well known system of update in iOS and Android world and it's working quite good.

You won't lose anything, your data, contact, pictures and everything else will be preserved.

And no, even Omate promised to upgrade TS by the end of last month they didn't do that - why I'm not surprised?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Lokifish Marz
Old
(Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 31st May 2014 at 01:07 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
nothing here

Jeremyjay
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Device: 1900 1/8 TrueSmart
Model Number:x201
Android version : 4.2.2
Baseband version: moly.wr8.w1315.md.wg.mp v4.P1, 2013/11/09 14:19
Kernel version: 3.4.5 user@userdesktop #11
Custom build version: ensec 20140318

HI i have the version above and I can't seem to find the "check for updates" anywhere so that i can do the OTA update? any suggestions as to where to look?

thanks

Molter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyjay View Post
HI i have the version above and I can't seem to find the "check for updates" anywhere so that i can do the OTA update? any suggestions as to where to look?

thanks
It should be at
Settings - SYSTEM - About TrueSmart - Wireless Update

Jeremyjay
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molter View Post
It should be at
Settings - SYSTEM - About TrueSmart - Wireless Update
the weird thing is that there is no "about truesmart" on there.. heres a screen shot. it seems like it disappeared?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image (1).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	2794616   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	2794617  

Spoetnicus
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
the weird thing is that there is no "about truesmart" on there.. heres a screen shot. it seems like it disappeared?
The 'about truesmart' option is available in the original firmware settings.

your screenshot shows the default android settings menu, which makes me believe you are not on the official Omate Software, which means you do not get the official over the air update.

Molter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
You are running some unofficial ROM. Maybe Dees Bluetooth Tether or Loki's Unified. I don't know. I think you have to get back to stock if you want it. I advise you not to, there's nothing that special in OTA. You are most likely safer now than with the update.

maulwurfnnn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey,

got mine TS (1+8GB 2100Mhz) last week.

My firmare: Omate_truesmart_20140513.103530_V2.0.
No ota available? The message says no updates available?!

Latest Kickstarter updates says: Omate_TrueSmart_V2.0_20140527 were the latest update.

I am confused.
Any chance to get the firmware elsewhere?

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 53
There ate at least two different versions produced in May and they each have their own unique hardwares, which are incompatible with each other and both with any other firmware builds. The 0513 firmware on yours is the build for what is referred to as "third batch" and the 0527 is found on the last batch so far - 4th batch. Both are version 2.0 OUI builds, not OUI 2.1 and neither is any better than the other. Both have wide open insecurity and Bluetooth stack coding failures and so forth just as in the original firmwares from back in January. There has been NO progress made on improving the TrueSmart firmware so far.

Since these hardware revisions require incompatible firmwares (flashing the wrong one will softbrick your TrueSmart) and there is no way to tell them apart, development of replacement firmwares has pretty much halted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk