Help root after updating official B510 (KitKat 4.4.2)

Search This thread

XDAvatar

Jun 12, 2014
I updated the phone to official B510 but now I can't root it with eroot or root genius...What can I do? :crying:

Install TWRP, that will root your phone. Install it, boot the phone. Now reboot it in recovery, press reboot and slide from left to right when asked if you like to install SuperSU.
Then press the SuperSU Installer, go to PlayStore, update that app and you are done.

Reactions: Mfsto

Mfsto

Feb 5, 2011
HTC Vision: G2
Lenovo Zuk Z1
Install TWRP, that will root your phone. Install it, boot the phone. Now reboot it in recovery, press reboot and slide from left to right when asked if you like to install SuperSU.
Then press the SuperSU Installer, go to PlayStore, update that app and you are done.

Oh thanks, I'm going to try it now! I didn't know that TWRP automatically roots the device :) Sorry for my english

XDAvatar

Jun 12, 2014
Oh thanks, I'm going to try it now! I didn't know that TWRP automatically roots the device :) Sorry for my english

You're welcome. Yes, TWRP does that very well, it also install busybox on your device. And if you search on XDA you will find a tutorial on controlling your HUAWEI Ascend P6 through init.d

pirl8

Jun 13, 2014
Unroot, also?

You're welcome. Yes, TWRP does that very well, it also install busybox on your device. And if you search on XDA you will find a tutorial on controlling your HUAWEI Ascend P6 through init.d

Is it possible to unroot the device and remove installed packages (busybox and superuser app), also?

Last edited:

shecky

Jun 1, 2014
I'm on kk 4.4.2 official.
I can root with twrp even the bootloader is locked?
I tried to unlock it with the command "fastboot oem unlock UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU", it's saying OK but unfortunately isn't unlocked. The command "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" show me locked!
Thank you.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts