Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.3

Tip us?

cmajpwc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] 4.4.3

I know this may seem a bit selfish, having just got 4.4.2, but what are our chances of getting 4.4.3 as the bugfix update that I'm hoping comes out to fix the WiFi/Bluetooth bug among others?

I'd be happy with a bugfix just to fix these bugs even if it wouldn't upgrade us to 4.4.3, but I haven't found anything online about a potential update coming from either Motorola or Verizon unfortunately.

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajpwc View Post
I know this may seem a bit selfish, having just got 4.4.2, but what are our chances of getting 4.4.3 as the bugfix update that I'm hoping comes out to fix the WiFi/Bluetooth bug among others?

I'd be happy with a bugfix just to fix these bugs even if it wouldn't upgrade us to 4.4.3, but I haven't found anything online about a potential update coming from either Motorola or Verizon unfortunately.
I just received an email for a new soak test for the RAZR HD. Not sure if it's for 4.4.3, but I think it will address the issues some have experienced with blue tooth and texting, but I don't know for sure.

I would say, get Towelroot applied right now and unlock your bootloader, since 4.4.2 apparently re-introduced the exploit to allow unlocking the bootloaders on the XT926 phones. So, unlocking the bootloader will guarantee that you can sideload SU to obtain root one the newer OTA comes out.

Do it now because I highly doubt this will work after the new OTA. The Android gods have smiled down upon those with locked bootloaders and have given you a second chance on doing this. Don't lose this chance now that it has been given back to you for a second time.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast

cmajpwc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Thankfully I unlocked the first time an exploit was available. I made the mistake of blindly taking the OTA that fixed the exploit then got lucky my replacement phone was on the software level before the exploit was patched. First thing I did was unlock it haha

I've actually been holding off on root in the hopes of a bug fix coming. I'd rather not go through the process of unrooting a couple weeks after I get everything the way I want it just to have to get the bug fix OTA. But that's good to know there's a new soak test incoming. 4.4.3 or not, it'll be welcome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using XDA Free mobile app