No registration required

[Q] Stuck on Google logo again..

OP Crystal03JC

11th June 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
2 weeks ago my N7 froze and I wasn't able to unlock the screen so I powered it off. Upon powering it back on it got stuck on the Google logo, so I tried again and same thing. I put it in fast boot mode and it will not go into recovery mode, just gets stuck on the Google logo. I let it sit for 12-24 hours and it powered back up and worked fine for 2 weeks until it happened again. It just recently updated to 4.4.3 but when it happened the first time it was running 4.4.2. It is not rooted and it is 6 months old. Never been dropped except once from maybe a foot off the floor, it has been in a TPU case since I got it and it came back on and worked fine after being dropped. No damage anywhere so I would say that's no what caused it. I would guess it's an OS issue because it won't load Android.

When I connect it to my laptop it doesn't recognize it, it won't install the drivers. It has been hooked up to the PC before with no problems, but since it is showing the Google logo it will not properly connect to the PC. I had a problem with my last tablet (Galaxy Tab) and had to end up having someone connect to my PC with remote service to fix it for me because it's too hard for me to figure out.

Can anyone help me? Or does it need to be sent to Asus for repair because it's a factory defect?
15th June 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,290

3,207 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal03JC

2 weeks ago my N7 froze and I wasn't able to unlock the screen so I powered it off. Upon powering it back on it got stuck on the Google logo, so I tried again and same thing. I put it in fast boot mode and it will not go into recovery mode, just gets stuck on the Google logo. I let it sit for 12-24 hours and it powered back up and worked fine for 2 weeks until it happened again. It just recently updated to 4.4.3 but when it happened the first time it was running 4.4.2. It is not rooted and it is 6 months old. Never been dropped except once from maybe a foot off the floor, it has been in a TPU case since I got it and it came back on and worked fine after being dropped. No damage anywhere so I would say that's no what caused it. I would guess it's an OS issue because it won't load Android.

When I connect it to my laptop it doesn't recognize it, it won't install the drivers. It has been hooked up to the PC before with no problems, but since it is showing the Google logo it will not properly connect to the PC. I had a problem with my last tablet (Galaxy Tab) and had to end up having someone connect to my PC with remote service to fix it for me because it's too hard for me to figure out.

Can anyone help me? Or does it need to be sent to Asus for repair because it's a factory defect?

If bootloader is unlocked, you can flash the factory image. But it's possible it's also a hardware problem, in which case it would be RMAd to Google.
16th June 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

If bootloader is unlocked, you can flash the factory image. But it's possible it's also a hardware problem, in which case it would be RMAd to Google.

I ended up sending it off to Asus' Repair Center, It should be there tomorrow afternoon. I hope they figure it out soon, which they should be able to..it's not booting android so they should know what to do. I will be checking daily, I've been nuts already without my tablet lol. They better not say I owe any money for it, most of what I read online people are paying because of physical damage. A
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread