Ask a question

No registration required

G2 is not detected by Windows 8.1. Update 1

OP zan5hin

16th June 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

52 posts
Hi, I have a pretty new windows laptop, and last week it was working fine, you plug in the phone and it gives you an option on the connection method.

This week however, it stopped working I plug in the phone, it shows that it vibrates, shows the little popup cable down the bottom and charges, but even though "ask upon connecting" is ticked - there are no longer any connection options popping up, and no response from the computer.

I have tried reinstalling the LG drivers on the laptop, and soft reset the phone, reboot the laptop. No love.

I looked in device manager but I can't see it there, and don't know what I am looking for.

Any help would be appreciated short of reinstalling windows. Tempted to install a ROM but waiting for a good one with the new G3 Flat UI to come out soon.
16th June 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,195

9,310 posts
More
Perhaps try uninstalling the driver for G2 in device manager. My surface recognizes mine in 8.1, so your issue is fixable.

Sent from my LG-D802
16th June 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #3  
Kleve
Thanks Meter: 42

102 posts
More
Look for an unidentified device in Device Manager perhaps. It'll have a yellow triangle sign on it. Then right click, properties, driver, update driver, browse locally, and select the G2 driver.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread