FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Is it worth to buy a G2?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By sKINNEEE, Junior Member on 15th June 2014, 01:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all, I'm new here (my account is new but I follow this forum since long time ago)..

Lately I'm looking for a new smartphone, looking for the best one in terms of price/quality and comunity and today @Cloudyfa released the CloudyG3 witch is ported from LG G3 official ROM, and it gave me the light I needed to go ahead to but a G2.. but then I started to think that there are lots of smartphone that launched after, already with removeble batteries and sd cart slots..

My question is if it is still worth it to buy the LG G2, and if it is, do you think 16GB are enought?

I will give the phone medium/intense usage and plan to have it for the next 2 years..

Thank you in advance for the time!
 
 
15th June 2014, 01:29 PM |#2  
osmosizzz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Blackmist Town
Thanks Meter: 426
 
More
The G2 will last you 2 years and it's a great phone but it depends on you. IF you wont mind that you get the G2 and the g3 is almost out, then go for the g2. it's a great device. I really like the g3 but I will not upgrade to anything because the g2 is good and also because of CPU cycle. Im waiting for the snapdragon 808 and 810 to hit. now about the 16GB, thats on you. For me, I can no longer live with 16 and 32 is becoming tight with the amount of pictures, baby videos I take and all the high quality music I carry around since I dont stream because of my monthly data allowance. g2 is great. other phones that are flaships now are also great. depends on you
15th June 2014, 02:29 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosizzz

The G2 will last you 2 years and it's a great phone but it depends on you. IF you wont mind that you get the G2 and the g3 is almost out, then go for the g2. it's a great device. I really like the g3 but I will not upgrade to anything because the g2 is good and also because of CPU cycle. Im waiting for the snapdragon 808 and 810 to hit. now about the 16GB, thats on you. For me, I can no longer live with 16 and 32 is becoming tight with the amount of pictures, baby videos I take and all the high quality music I carry around since I dont stream because of my monthly data allowance. g2 is great. other phones that are flaships now are also great. depends on you

Thank you very much, your information was very decisive in my choice! I'm going for a 32GB G2
16th June 2014, 02:53 PM |#4  
liaoshihua's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sKINNEEE

Hi all, I'm new here (my account is new but I follow this forum since long time ago)..

Lately I'm looking for a new smartphone, looking for the best one in terms of price/quality and comunity and today @Cloudyfa released the CloudyG3 witch is ported from LG G3 official ROM, and it gave me the light I needed to go ahead to but a G2.. but then I started to think that there are lots of smartphone that launched after, already with removeble batteries and sd cart slots..

My question is if it is still worth it to buy the LG G2, and if it is, do you think 16GB are enought?

I will give the phone medium/intense usage and plan to have it for the next 2 years..

Thank you in advance for the time!

Well.If I were you,I would like to wait for a couple of months to buy LG G3. After all,it won't be long when the G3 is available and it's much more better.
16th June 2014, 04:30 PM |#5  
efstajas's Avatar
Senior Member
Kleve
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
I'd also wait in your situation. While the G2 is very great, it still costs a lot right now and it wouldn't be worth it anymore. In a few months, the price will drop sharply. The G3 is a better phone. And if you want to you could even buy the G2 when the G3 arrives and get it for way less money.
16th June 2014, 04:54 PM |#6  
Ace42's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efstajas

I'd also wait in your situation. While the G2 is very great, it still costs a lot right now and it wouldn't be worth it anymore. In a few months, the price will drop sharply. The G3 is a better phone. And if you want to you could even buy the G2 when the G3 arrives and get it for way less money.

Coats about 300, that's what I paid off contract...Also the quality of the G3 loses in areas such as battery life, definitely not worth the price over the G2.

Sent from my LG-D802
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes