Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it worth to buy a G2?

Tip us?

sKINNEEE
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool [Q] Is it worth to buy a G2?

Hi all, I'm new here (my account is new but I follow this forum since long time ago)..

Lately I'm looking for a new smartphone, looking for the best one in terms of price/quality and comunity and today @Cloudyfa released the CloudyG3 witch is ported from LG G3 official ROM, and it gave me the light I needed to go ahead to but a G2.. but then I started to think that there are lots of smartphone that launched after, already with removeble batteries and sd cart slots..

My question is if it is still worth it to buy the LG G2, and if it is, do you think 16GB are enought?

I will give the phone medium/intense usage and plan to have it for the next 2 years..

Thank you in advance for the time!

osmosizzz
Old
Thanks Meter 305
The G2 will last you 2 years and it's a great phone but it depends on you. IF you wont mind that you get the G2 and the g3 is almost out, then go for the g2. it's a great device. I really like the g3 but I will not upgrade to anything because the g2 is good and also because of CPU cycle. Im waiting for the snapdragon 808 and 810 to hit. now about the 16GB, thats on you. For me, I can no longer live with 16 and 32 is becoming tight with the amount of pictures, baby videos I take and all the high quality music I carry around since I dont stream because of my monthly data allowance. g2 is great. other phones that are flaships now are also great. depends on you
Rocking the HTC ONE M7

sKINNEEE
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosizzz View Post
The G2 will last you 2 years and it's a great phone but it depends on you. IF you wont mind that you get the G2 and the g3 is almost out, then go for the g2. it's a great device. I really like the g3 but I will not upgrade to anything because the g2 is good and also because of CPU cycle. Im waiting for the snapdragon 808 and 810 to hit. now about the 16GB, thats on you. For me, I can no longer live with 16 and 32 is becoming tight with the amount of pictures, baby videos I take and all the high quality music I carry around since I dont stream because of my monthly data allowance. g2 is great. other phones that are flaships now are also great. depends on you
Thank you very much, your information was very decisive in my choice! I'm going for a 32GB G2

liaoshihua
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sKINNEEE View Post
Hi all, I'm new here (my account is new but I follow this forum since long time ago)..

Lately I'm looking for a new smartphone, looking for the best one in terms of price/quality and comunity and today @Cloudyfa released the CloudyG3 witch is ported from LG G3 official ROM, and it gave me the light I needed to go ahead to but a G2.. but then I started to think that there are lots of smartphone that launched after, already with removeble batteries and sd cart slots..

My question is if it is still worth it to buy the LG G2, and if it is, do you think 16GB are enought?

I will give the phone medium/intense usage and plan to have it for the next 2 years..

Thank you in advance for the time!
Well.If I were you,I would like to wait for a couple of months to buy LG G3. After all,it won't be long when the G3 is available and it's much more better.

efstajas
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I'd also wait in your situation. While the G2 is very great, it still costs a lot right now and it wouldn't be worth it anymore. In a few months, the price will drop sharply. The G3 is a better phone. And if you want to you could even buy the G2 when the G3 arrives and get it for way less money.

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by efstajas View Post
I'd also wait in your situation. While the G2 is very great, it still costs a lot right now and it wouldn't be worth it anymore. In a few months, the price will drop sharply. The G3 is a better phone. And if you want to you could even buy the G2 when the G3 arrives and get it for way less money.
Coats about 300, that's what I paid off contract...Also the quality of the G3 loses in areas such as battery life, definitely not worth the price over the G2.

Sent from my LG-D802
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G