Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kernal Problem

Tip us?

chamathka_sooriyapala
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Kernal Problem

what is a Kernal in android device? What does it do and what what kind of a thing is it? Please describe about this thing in descriptively..

And other question is I installed a official Android 4.2.2 Samsung UK OS to my Galaxy S4 mini GT- I9195 Which made by samsung Vietnam. Now problem is I don't have 2G network mode in the OS. Only I have 3G and Auto modes. Can I get 2g mode again by installing a different kernal? Because one of my friends told me that not having 2g problem can be solved by installing a different kernal.. Or do i have to flash a Different OS again? please help me I've Downloaded a kernal already and i just need to know will it be okay by installing a kernal?

banerjeeayan1996
Old
Thanks Meter 16
A kernel works as a bridge between software and hardware. According to me when you turn on your s4 the capacitive buttons dont turn on but after the end of the bootscreen the buttons turn on this means that the kernel has setup his bridge between your software and hardwar.

Now flashing a custom kernel dont solve network issues. It gives additional functions like overclocking the device speed, decreasing or increasing heap size etc.
I think you should flash a custom rom which supports 2g. There are many roms available for your device.

Sent from my GT-S7562

IF I HELP YOU COULD YOU PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON.
The Following User Says Thank You to banerjeeayan1996 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chamathka_sooriyapala
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by banerjeeayan1996 View Post
A kernel works as a bridge between software and hardware. According to me when you turn on your s4 the capacitive buttons dont turn on but after the end of the bootscreen the buttons turn on this means that the kernel has setup his bridge between your software and hardwar.

Now flashing a custom kernel dont solve network issues. It gives additional functions like overclocking the device speed, decreasing or increasing heap size etc.
I think you should flash a custom rom which supports 2g. There are many roms available for your device.

Sent from my GT-S7562

IF I HELP YOU COULD YOU PLEASE PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON.
Thankyou this is very usefull! Btw I've also seen there are so many other custom roms but problem is I don't like them. Once I installed Cynogen but I didn't like it's user interface. I'm looking for the original samsung rom and if you can give me a custom rom which as same as samsung rom I'll appreciate that

banerjeeayan1996
Old
Thanks Meter 16
You can check out this
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/14031...xy-s4-gt-i9500
Out of these I think Libdroid v2 is more like stock rom.

REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR MODEL NUMBER. THESE ROMS AREE FOR GT I9500. AN INCORRECT ROM MAY BRICK YOUR DEVICE.
PRESS THANKS IF I HELP YOU....
:\\

Sent from my GT-S7562