Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 49,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XT912 brick

Tip us?
 
joswa
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2013
Unhappy XT912 brick

Good day everyone! I would like to ask some help..
I'm actually noob in motorolla droid and this is my first motorolla phone ever. lol
Yesterday my brother gave me this XT912 since he got a new phone.
One of his colleagues rooted and changed the ROM to ECLIPSE 1.5.1 and it's running Android ICS 4.0.4 firmware.

When he gave the phone to me, I couldn't install some applications more specifically google hangouts coz it gives me an error:
E: signature verification failed

I downloaded the ff. firmwares from this site http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=9

Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android 4.0.4 Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US

flashed them using the custom recovery option from the device (hold vol - & vol + keys while android logo appears) but eventually it gave me an error:

signature verification failed installation aborted

After series of google search I found this post by matt : http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...ux-all-in-one/

But it made my situation worst

Downloaded the latest version, DroidRAZRUtility1.82 Jellybean.
Installed the drivers for 32bit since I'm running W7 32bit OS.
Ran the WindowsUtility.bat and chose option 1 to completely wipe and install JB.
After running the utility I cannot boot up to recovery and normal boot-up anymore. In other words, it bricked my XT912.

It gave me this error:

When in AP Fastboot Mode:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
0A.74
eMMC Info: Size 16G
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

---------------------------
When in Normal Bootup and Recovery:

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.74
eMMC Info: Size 16G
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CD Version (CG: system)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

As another try, I used Motorola RSD Lite 6.1.5 + MTK Patch and tried using the fastboot files (firmwares) that I downloaded earlier:

Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android 4.0.4 Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US

But it gave me this error:

Failed flashing process. 6/16 flash motoboot "motoboot.img" -> Phone returned FAIL.

I really don't know how to fix this.. I really need your help guys...

Thanks,
Josh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RSD.png
Views:	91
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	2717966  
 
joshua3001
Old
#2  
joshua3001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 151
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Heredia
Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear that....first of all, can you access fastboot mode? or you cant do absolutly anithing with the droid?
Tapped from my Huawei P6-U06
Latest TWRP
ParanoidAndroid 4.4.4
Stock Kernel
8GB+32GB SDHC
 
joswa
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua3001 View Post
Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear that....first of all, can you access fastboot mode? or you cant do absolutly anithing with the droid?
Hi joshua3001,

Yes, I could still boot in to fastboot mode.
 
Draxin
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 317
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joswa View Post

When in Normal Bootup and Recovery:

Invalid Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.74
eMMC Info: Size 16G
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device is LOCKED. Status Code:0

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CD Version (CG: system)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

As another try, I used Motorola RSD Lite 6.1.5 + MTK Patch and tried using the fastboot files (firmwares) that I downloaded earlier:

Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.72.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android 4.1.2 Blur_Version.98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android 4.0.4 Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US

But it gave me this error:

Failed flashing process. 6/16 flash motoboot "motoboot.img" -> Phone returned FAIL.

I really don't know how to fix this.. I really need your help guys...

Thanks,
Josh
Are you trying to flash all three of these at the same time?
You won't be able to flash the 4.0.4 firmware, you are obviously already on the JB kernel(4.1.2), so you won't be able to go back to ICS(4.0.4)
That is what the screenshot you provided is telling you. The firmware it is failing on is the 4.0.4
You need to choose ONE of the 4.1.2 firmwares and flash it via RSD lite. Make sure you have plenty of battery when you do it.
 
joshua3001
Old
#5  
joshua3001's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 151
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Heredia
Draxin is right dude, you cant flash all of them, i wll recomend you to flash JUST the .165 ...let me now (Y)
Tapped from my Huawei P6-U06
Latest TWRP
ParanoidAndroid 4.4.4
Stock Kernel
8GB+32GB SDHC
 
nishanchi
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxin View Post
Are you trying to flash all three of these at the same time?
You won't be able to flash the 4.0.4 firmware, you are obviously already on the JB kernel(4.1.2), so you won't be able to go back to ICS(4.0.4)
That is what the screenshot you provided is telling you. The firmware it is failing on is the 4.0.4
You need to choose ONE of the 4.1.2 firmwares and flash it via RSD lite. Make sure you have plenty of battery when you do it.
Hi Draxin,
I am having the same problem with my XT912 as well.
I have tried both the 4.1.2 options available at http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=9 and i am getting different errors with both of them.
For one i am getting flashcdt.bin 'cdt.bin_signed' > Phone returned Fail and for the other one i am getting Failed flashing process: 6/16 flash motoboot 'motoboot.img'' Phone returned Fail.
Can you please help?
I have been trying different things now and nothing is really working with my phone
 
nishanchi
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default need help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua3001 View Post
Draxin is right dude, you cant flash all of them, i wll recomend you to flash JUST the .165 ...let me now (Y)
Hi ,
I am having the same problem with my XT912 as well.
I have tried both the 4.1.2 options available at http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=9 and i am getting different errors with both of them.
For one i am getting flashcdt.bin 'cdt.bin_signed' > Phone returned Fail and for the other one i am getting Failed flashing process: 6/16 flash motoboot 'motoboot.img'' Phone returned Fail.
Can you please help?
I have been trying different things now and nothing is really working with my phone
 
Draxin
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 317
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishanchi View Post
Hi Draxin,
I am having the same problem with my XT912 as well.
I have tried both the 4.1.2 options available at http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=9 and i am getting different errors with both of them.
For one i am getting flashcdt.bin 'cdt.bin_signed' > Phone returned Fail and for the other one i am getting Failed flashing process: 6/16 flash motoboot 'motoboot.img'' Phone returned Fail.
Can you please help?
I have been trying different things now and nothing is really working with my phone
Hello,

Well regardless I would stick with the .165. Did you make sure debugging was enabled before trying to flash with RSD Lite? Did you make sure your phone was connected as a mass storage device?

Another option is Matt's Utility Make sure to follow his directions and thank him.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Get Your Cargo to its Destination in 4×4 Military Operations Reborn

Racing games have evolved quite a bit since the days of Pole … more

Automate Your Device with Sfen

Changing the profile of yourdevice manually is now long forgotten. Since the advent of Android automation … more

Galaxy Photo Screen Lock Displays a Photo Slideshow on Your Lock Screen

Being the most often looked at part of our devices UI, the lock … more

Boost the LG G3 Speaker and Headphone Volume

It seems like OEMs are stepping up their game, with regards to thequality of their devices sound … more