FORUMS

[Q] how to remove notification bubbles

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By majaaaames, Junior Member on 16th June 2014, 03:48 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread


Okay so this is kinda irritating for me. I don't use the default messaging app anymore and I don't want that notif bubble in my lockscreen. I don't want to use a locker or a lockscreen replacement anymore. Is there any way to remove the notif bubble notification there so I could use the default lock screen? Tried uninstalling and such and unchecking the notifications. My phone is rooted running Android 4.2.2 help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-16-22-42-48.png
Views:	14
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2801647  
 
 
16th June 2014, 04:05 PM |#2  
DrSeussFreak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Highland Park, IL
Thanks Meter: 151
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majaaaames



Okay so this is kinda irritating for me. I don't use the default messaging app anymore and I don't want that notif bubble in my lockscreen. I don't want to use a locker or a lockscreen replacement anymore. Is there any way to remove the notif bubble notification there so I could use the default lock screen? Tried uninstalling and such and unchecking the notifications. My phone is rooted running Android 4.2.2 help!

Go to settings, application manager, look for the messaging app and click on it. This should bring you to a screen with an option to uncheck Notifications, do that and you are set.
16th June 2014, 04:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeussFreak

Go to settings, application manager, look for the messaging app and click on it. This should bring you to a screen with an option to uncheck Notifications, do that and you are set.

No luck. Still there
16th June 2014, 04:46 PM |#4  
DrSeussFreak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Highland Park, IL
Thanks Meter: 151
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majaaaames

No luck. Still there

are you sure you unchecked the box to prevent notifications?

Also this was for the stock messaging app, correct?
16th June 2014, 05:15 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSeussFreak

are you sure you unchecked the box to prevent notifications?

Also this was for the stock messaging app, correct?

Yes. Stock messaging app. Disabled the notifications 100% positive that it is unchecked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes