Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] weird stripe by the edge of the screen - please help:)

Tip us?

pgolowacz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] weird stripe by the edge of the screen - please help:)

Hi!
So I have quite new nexus 7 2013 (bought it 2 weeks ago) and yesterday I recognized that it has weird stripe by the edge of the screen, just left side, its not all the way also and its also visible when tablet is booting. Picture is attached

And its only visible when you look on it with an angle. Im 90% sure that it wasnt there before... ( its really visible on black background , in dark room, Im sure I could see it..) . But is it kind of light bleeding? Of course its not a big problem for me but just wondering if it wasnt there before and just happend can be connected to some heating problem or so and be worse in the future. And tablet wasnt dropped on the floor of course.
Anyone has the same?
With cheaper tablets - I dont care ..but its fresh and not so cheap (especially here in Norway) and when Im laying on bed during the night and have my head a bit on the side ..then its pretty annoying
And of course I have guaranty but.. there was small accident and top right corner was slided through the wall which is like sand paper..nothing big,few small scratches on the plastic cover and it wasnt like dropping on the floor ..but it can looks like a bit, its visible. And my question is if it can cause problems during eventual reclamation process. Thanx in advance for any help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140613_135132.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	2795811  

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgolowacz View Post
Hi!
So I have quite new nexus 7 2013 (bought it 2 weeks ago) and yesterday I recognized that it has weird stripe by the edge of the screen, just left side, its not all the way also and its also visible when tablet is booting. Picture is attached

And its only visible when you look on it with an angle. Im 90% sure that it wasnt there before... ( its really visible on black background , in dark room, Im sure I could see it..) . But is it kind of light bleeding? Of course its not a big problem for me but just wondering if it wasnt there before and just happend can be connected to some heating problem or so and be worse in the future. And tablet wasnt dropped on the floor of course.
Anyone has the same?
With cheaper tablets - I dont care ..but its fresh and not so cheap (especially here in Norway) and when Im laying on bed during the night and have my head a bit on the side ..then its pretty annoying
And of course I have guaranty but.. there was small accident and top right corner was slided through the wall which is like sand paper..nothing big,few small scratches on the plastic cover and it wasnt like dropping on the floor ..but it can looks like a bit, its visible. And my question is if it can cause problems during eventual reclamation process. Thanx in advance for any help
I would RMA if possible. I don't forsee any issues with the return.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

1c3_5n0w
Old
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
People have had experiences where they had to pay for repairs because of apparent "physical damage"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phone: Nexus 5 16GB Black D821
ROM: Stock KitKat 4.4.4 with root and TWRP (unlocked bootloader)

Current Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB Black
ROM: Stock KitKat 4.4.4 with root and TWRP (unlocked bootloader)

Spare Phone: iPhone 5 16GB (iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken)

Hit the thanks button if I helped you out, it's just that simple!
In fact, do that for everyone who helps you!
Feel free to shoot me questions via PM!
Thanks to everyone of you, XDA has become an awesome community!