Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Straight Talk (ATT sim) APN for HTC ONE M8

Tip us?

cheno1115
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnotestone View Post
Are you still having this issue? If so I had the same issue, I have at&t and I am using straight talk as my cairrer . I tried every APN that was out there and could not get it to work. So I decided to root my device. I rooted it and stock root would still not allow me to receive picture message with straight talks APN. Then I installed venoms viper one Rom and went to straight talks website got the same APN I had been using and entered it into my phone. Restarted my phone and tried to send myself a photo and it sent and I received it. That's what I did and not only is viper one Rom sweet my mms is working properly!!!! Hope this helps
Yeah, Viper is the rom I am using too at the moment. I love it. But... I had MMS working on the stock rom too after 4 days of activating my service too, so I'm not exactly sure if using a custom rom has much to do with it.

mnotestone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheno1115 View Post
Yeah, Viper is the rom I am using too at the moment. I love it. But... I had MMS working on the stock rom too after 4 days of activating my service too, so I'm not exactly sure if using a custom rom has much to do with it.
I'm was still in the middle of my activation so it didn't 're up. I just noticed when I was rooted that I could receive mms. And when I wasn't I could not receive mms .

kabukijoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I gave in and just rooted and installed Viper ROM, it started working instantly.
Tags
apn, htc, htc one (m8), straight talk, straight talk apn