usb otg on galaxy tab 3 7.0

Search This thread
M

moonbutt74

hey

Not working yet, but I am working on it now. All wiring is correct internally but the otg phy driver defaults to dock mode. Omce I patch it you will lose dock mode but gain otg.

i am limited to 8 thanks a day [really?]
so........THANKS !!!!!!.........[HAH ! , that makes 9] :laugh::good:

BinaryDroid

No problem, I should have it fully going in the next week or so as time permits me. USB OTG is pretty much a requirement for my final goals and i doubt anyone will miss the dock feature. So far my kernel recognizes devices via lsusb and prints vendor info but it might need changes in the rom as well which im gonna tackle now.

Reactions: turbohx4700
M

moonbutt74

Wishing You Success

No problem, I should have it fully going in the next week or so as time permits me. USB OTG is pretty much a requirement for my final goals and i doubt anyone will miss the dock feature. So far my kernel recognizes devices via lsusb and prints vendor info but it might need changes in the rom as well which im gonna tackle now.

hey,

That is the best news I have heard with respect to developement of this device.

Thank you.

m

turbohx4700

Jan 10, 2008
hi everybody

i just bought one case for the galaxy tab sm-t210 model that came with an usb OTG cable.

it doesnt even power on the usb stick i put. does this happen to you too?

it is relationated with the dock mode you are talking about?

ethical ricado

Jan 20, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
hi everybody

i just bought one case for the galaxy tab sm-t210 model that came with an usb OTG cable.

it doesnt even power on the usb stick i put. does this happen to you too?

it is relationated with the dock mode you are talking about?
our tablet doesnt support usb otg so what the OP is trying to do is whenever you connect your usb, it will use the wiring and stuff of dock mode to load and use usb otg

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

DarkGuyver

Mar 12, 2011
Newport City
I know for a fact that officially the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 does not support USB OTG via the official Samsung Firmware for the device. But I think you guys could get it to work if you use a custom ROM for the device.

franmarina

Oct 23, 2012
official for galaxy tab t110?

and if you could put him whether drivers usb modem zte such as to have 3g on the tablet via a usb modem? Thank you.

franmarina

Oct 23, 2012

BinaryDroid

You could also do it for the t110?

you could include drivers usb modem to connect a usb skewer?

I'm trying to do this http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=533210

but the tablet does not recognize the modem could make it work in a t110 please thanks.

I do not have a mainboard for the T110 to work on the kernel or to trace out the layout as I did on the T217. Officially the T217 has no a stripped down set of drivers and its alot of coding to trace the board layout to each GPIO, then get the GPIO numbers, write a shim kernel module to activate host(im hoping to do away with this when I am done), then link it into the ROM itself.....its not an easy task as you can tell.

PS: for the record I will not touch PXA devices lol, hate me or not I just do not like the PXA.:p

Binarydroid
Michael Pizzileo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not working yet, but I am working on it now. All wiring is correct internally but the otg phy driver defaults to dock mode. Omce I patch it you will lose dock mode but gain otg.
    ............???????

friend Have you became the test? .. while I follow this thread and I see no solution
    is there any way to use usb otg on galaxy tab 3 7.0

The last time BinaryDroid posted on XDA was on this thread back in 2014......I think it's fair to say that it is unlikely any further development of usb otg has taken place since then as this thread would have been updated if there had been....
    I've owned and regularly used 4 Samsung devices, 2 of which didn't have otg support. It's something you learn to live without or you buy another device that does have official support.....

http://i.imgur.com/rVnFwJM.jpg