FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

problem with factory reset

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By wyklocnik, Junior Member on 15th June 2014, 02:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th June 2014, 05:17 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
same story after formating internal memory.
no changes whatsoever. same homescreen, same widgets/apps present. same system version.
and of course new error every 5 seconds. guess the phone is messed up good.
talk about luck. its second droid 4 i bought. first i bought over a month ago on auction site, it was new. i paid, guy never sent it.
now this one. its like a curse
 
 
16th June 2014, 05:21 PM |#12  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 3,011
 
Donate to Me
More
formatting internal won't wipe, user data, but will wipe backup data.
16th June 2014, 05:27 PM |#13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
tried xml with rsdlite now.
after first reboot its supposed to go into the recovery mode right?
it went back in to ap fastboot... and after rsd transfered all the files then it went to bootloader... and now program says reboot is in process while phone sits in recovery mode...
16th June 2014, 05:31 PM |#14  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 3,011
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyklocnik

tried xml with rsdlite now.
after first reboot its supposed to go into the recovery mode right?

it happens sometimes
Quote:

it went back in to ap fastboot... and after rsd transfered all the files then it went to bootloader... and now program says reboot is in process while phone sits in recovery mode...

select wipe data, then select reboot
16th June 2014, 05:56 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
done, nothing changed.

also, when rsd works it acts as if it doesnt wait for the phone with operations.
it writes reboot, phone starts to reboot, and long time before it boots back either in ap fastboot mode or into recovery
rsd says its already transfering files, it says reboot again (before phone even gets into fastboot or recovery after 1st reboot) and so on.
16th June 2014, 05:59 PM |#16  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 3,011
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyklocnik

done, nothing changed.

also, when rsd works it acts as if it doesnt wait for the phone with operations.
it writes reboot, phone starts to reboot, and long time before it boots back either in ap fastboot mode or into recovery
rsd says its already transfering files, it says reboot again (before phone even gets into fastboot or recovery after 1st reboot) and so on.

which fastboot version? 0A.74 , 0A.77?
which xml file?
16th June 2014, 06:02 PM |#17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
0A.74

cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18-2_1ff.xml
16th June 2014, 07:15 PM |#18  
sd_shadow's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 3,011
 
Donate to Me
More
looks like you have a failure to write data, don't think there is a fix.
could try my Unbrick Moto device with moto-fastboot.exe
but unlikely that it will work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes