Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 54,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Firmware Cross-compatibility

Tip us?

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2nv View Post
ok, so here is the update. since installing G900I firmware failed through odin due to bootloader incompatibility i managed to install it through mobile odin. worked like a charm and even had the telstra bootanimation lol. wifi, bluetooth and everything seemed to be working fine. however my gps is still not working and the G900I seems to have the same gps.conf file as the euro version. i definately believe my gps module is either faulty or not connected to the board properly. is there any app that can tell if the gps module is even there or turned on as no one else is having this problem.
I'm glad you could pull it off

I think you should send your phone to your carrier customer service, they will sort out your gps issue
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying if you find my post useful for you ,

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to babygau For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

p2nv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygau View Post
I'm glad you could pull it off

I think you should send your phone to your carrier customer service, they will sort out your gps issue
how? my knox counter is 0x1
i rang samsung service centre today and they said no because you have tripped knox. i even offered to pay for them to fix the gps module and they said no. i was like wtf?
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F - AllianceROM 3.1 (Anroid KitKat 4.4.2) (NE2)
Xiaomi Mi3 WCDMA 64GB - MIUI 4.5.30 (Android KitKat 4.4.2)

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2nv View Post
how? my knox counter is 0x1
i rang samsung service centre today and they said no because you have tripped knox. i even offered to pay for them to fix the gps module and they said no. i was like wtf?
Call them again, said you don't know anything but GPS is faulty

Try this link as well: http://cybersvc2.samsungcsportal.com...ocale_id=au_nz
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying if you find my post useful for you ,

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to babygau For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

p2nv
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygau View Post
Call them again, said you don't know anything but GPS is faulty

Try this link as well: http://cybersvc2.samsungcsportal.com...ocale_id=au_nz
they said i couldnt anyway because i bought phone from kogan. they said i have to go through kogan.
i can't remember if gps was working before i rooted phone. couldn't have been because everyone else running alliance rom said they havent got problems with gps so it must be a fault unit. im going to take it to a phone repair shop and see if they can fix the gps module.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F - AllianceROM 3.1 (Anroid KitKat 4.4.2) (NE2)
Xiaomi Mi3 WCDMA 64GB - MIUI 4.5.30 (Android KitKat 4.4.2)