[Q] Accelerometer miscalibrated, off to one side, Defect?

15th June 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been using android for 3 years. I just received my new Xperia Z2 unlocked from Sony Canada and all is well except for this issue. When I was trying out Real Racing 3, I noticed that I had to tilt the phone to the right to get the car to go straight, after this I downloaded a few accelerometer test apps and they all show the same thing, it's miscalibrated. I used a known level floor which was recently renovated and is is almost 5 degrees off when placed on the side with no buttons.

My Nexus 5 is perfectly level within one degree and so is my old Nexus One. I was hoping other Z2 owners can test their devices using an app I found called bubble level, don't use the calibrate feature inside the app, just test the sensor as is by laying the phone on the side with no buttons, outside of a case, on a level surface. I would appreciate if you post your findings

I believe this is a defect unless we all have this issue. I might have to get it replaced because not all apps have a calibrate function and I won't accept things which impair functionality on an $800 phone.
16th June 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 916

2,287 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidman1992

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been using android for 3 years. I just received my new Xperia Z2 unlocked from Sony Canada and all is well except for this issue. When I was trying out Real Racing 3, I noticed that I had to tilt the phone to the right to get the car to go straight, after this I downloaded a few accelerometer test apps and they all show the same thing, it's miscalibrated. I used a known level floor which was recently renovated and is is almost 5 degrees off when placed on the side with no buttons.

My Nexus 5 is perfectly level within one degree and so is my old Nexus One. I was hoping other Z2 owners can test their devices using an app I found called bubble level, don't use the calibrate feature inside the app, just test the sensor as is by laying the phone on the side with no buttons, outside of a case, on a level surface. I would appreciate if you post your findings

I believe this is a defect unless we all have this issue. I might have to get it replaced because not all apps have a calibrate function and I won't accept things which impair functionality on an $800 phone.

Mine is on point to 0.132 deg

This is a device defect and if its in warrenty you are due a replacement,

you cant calibrate anything of xperia phones btw

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thank You for your reply, I will get it replaced then. In the meantime I hope someone else can post their results.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Xperia Z2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank