Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[Q] AT&T Locked bootloader = WTF

OP dcfnet

15th June 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #11  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 912

3,121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimc84

It is the easiest root I have seen. Download the apk, ensure install from unknown sources is checked, open the app and wait for the phone to reboot. BAM! DONE!

It's kind of like jailbreak.me. I wonder how many people are going to go to random stores and do this .

And it doesn't trip knox.
Last edited by aooga; 15th June 2014 at 07:23 PM.
16th June 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 11

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Wow the timing on this...

OP might want to return it if you had an upgrade.

Yeah, exactly. I waited and waited and waited and as soon as I buy it for tmobile, it gets rooted. I was going to pay full price for AT&T. Would have saved me $50 on unlock code and I could have used work discount on the phone. lol. Oh well. Great to see both (verizon and at&t) finally rooted.
16th June 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #13  
Flag Tyler, Texas
Thanks Meter: 55

247 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimc84

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157

Wow was I so wrong or what lol!!! I'm SOOOOO glad I was wrong and as soon as I seen this hit, I rooted my wifes AT&T S5 and it was the easiest root I have ever done. What a feeling it is when we are locked out for so long and someone comes along and jailbreaks us...no pun intended!

Donation sent.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRocky

Yeah, exactly. I waited and waited and waited and as soon as I buy it for tmobile, it gets rooted. I was going to pay full price for AT&T. Would have saved me $50 on unlock code and I could have used work discount on the phone. lol. Oh well. Great to see both (verizon and at&t) finally rooted.

Even tho we have root, Isn't the bootloader still locked down on the AT&T version? I have the T-Mobile, but I first had the AT&T version. So glad I made the switch to unlocked TMO on AT&T network.
Last edited by chrispyutec; 16th June 2014 at 08:03 PM.
16th June 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 352

944 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispyutec

Wow was I so wrong or what lol!!! I'm SOOOOO glad I was wrong and as soon as I seen this hit, I rooted my wifes AT&T S5 and it was the easiest root I have ever done. What a feeling it is when we are locked out for so long and someone comes along and jailbreaks us...no pun intended!

Donation sent.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Even tho we have root, Isn't the bootloader still locked down on the AT&T version? I have the T-Mobile, but I first had the AT&T version. So glad I made the switch to unlocked TMO on AT&T network.

The bootloader is still locked. That is going to take another method to get unlocked. Having root is a big step though.
The Following User Says Thank You to slimc84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t
Previous Thread Next Thread