Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T Locked bootloader = WTF

Tip us?

aooga
Old
(Last edited by aooga; 15th June 2014 at 07:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimc84 View Post
It is the easiest root I have seen. Download the apk, ensure install from unknown sources is checked, open the app and wait for the phone to reboot. BAM! DONE!
It's kind of like jailbreak.me. I wonder how many people are going to go to random stores and do this .

And it doesn't trip knox.

LaRocky
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Wow the timing on this...

OP might want to return it if you had an upgrade.
Yeah, exactly. I waited and waited and waited and as soon as I buy it for tmobile, it gets rooted. I was going to pay full price for AT&T. Would have saved me $50 on unlock code and I could have used work discount on the phone. lol. Oh well. Great to see both (verizon and at&t) finally rooted.

chrispyutec
Old
(Last edited by chrispyutec; 16th June 2014 at 08:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimc84 View Post
Wow was I so wrong or what lol!!! I'm SOOOOO glad I was wrong and as soon as I seen this hit, I rooted my wifes AT&T S5 and it was the easiest root I have ever done. What a feeling it is when we are locked out for so long and someone comes along and jailbreaks us...no pun intended!

Donation sent.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRocky View Post
Yeah, exactly. I waited and waited and waited and as soon as I buy it for tmobile, it gets rooted. I was going to pay full price for AT&T. Would have saved me $50 on unlock code and I could have used work discount on the phone. lol. Oh well. Great to see both (verizon and at&t) finally rooted.
Even tho we have root, Isn't the bootloader still locked down on the AT&T version? I have the T-Mobile, but I first had the AT&T version. So glad I made the switch to unlocked TMO on AT&T network.
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Current Phones: Note 3, S4, AT&T S5, TMO S5, & LG G2 . Yes, I'm a phone junkie because I switch between all of my phones and never let them totally die.

Phones sitting on standby in a drawer: iCrap5, iCrap4, Note 1, SGS2, HTC Vivid, Note 2, S3, LG G Pro

My one and only tablet....The awesome Galaxy note 10.1

slimc84
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispyutec View Post
Wow was I so wrong or what lol!!! I'm SOOOOO glad I was wrong and as soon as I seen this hit, I rooted my wifes AT&T S5 and it was the easiest root I have ever done. What a feeling it is when we are locked out for so long and someone comes along and jailbreaks us...no pun intended!

Donation sent.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Even tho we have root, Isn't the bootloader still locked down on the AT&T version? I have the T-Mobile, but I first had the AT&T version. So glad I made the switch to unlocked TMO on AT&T network.
The bootloader is still locked. That is going to take another method to get unlocked. Having root is a big step though.
Device:Verizon LG G3 (White) - ROOTED
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock

Device: AT&T Samung Galaxy S5 Active - ROOTED!
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock
If I have helped you out, please hit the thanks button.
The Following User Says Thank You to slimc84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
at&t