[VIDEO] How To Root with Root De La Vega WARRANTY SAFE

Search This thread

coelhooliveirar

Jul 3, 2012
Brussels
The subject name of this post could refer the Android version which can be rooted by this method. It would avoid many users to come here and ask about rooting 4.4 Android phones.

Reactions: Bubonic78

glazuna

Jun 14, 2014
-

C'mon devs, it cannot be that hard to get a solution for 4.4 root. It's been a long time since it came out but nobody tried to do anything what so ever.
Isn't there a way to somehow to make custom bootloader or to fake the Knox status, even though it is on 0x1, to be showing 0x0.:D

andrewilley

Mar 17, 2006
Birmingham
C'mon devs, it cannot be that hard to get a solution for 4.4 root. It's been a long time since it came out but nobody tried to do anything what so ever.
Isn't there a way to somehow to make custom bootloader or to fake the Knox status, even though it is on 0x1, to be showing 0x0.:D

Well since it's you asking, I'm sure these slothful devs will get up off their lazy backsides right away and start working for you, they are obviously not trying hard enough to avoid you getting Knox 0x1 when you root your device. Personally, I'd consider asking for my money back from them if I were you.

Meanwhile, back in the real world... the answer is currently no.

Andre

Last edited:
Reactions: zelenko

darkhelio

Jan 25, 2013
When is going to be the 4.4.2 for att&t model (900a) or it will never be? I want to get out of att.t bloatwares

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Flash CWM/TWRP via Odin, then flash any ROM you like using recovery.

Im on an att&t phone sim unlock i use it on a mexican sim card (telcel) can i flash any room i want ? I mean i dont use att&t band on my phone is like an international phone but is the 900a version

cigalr

Jun 16, 2014

Guys i think we got the solution for 4.4 safe root. This is suposed to work with every knox device!
towelroot(dot)com
:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: lst24

lst24

Jan 6, 2008
Someone tried it with note 3 snapdragon (European version)?
Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

MacInTheNet

May 21, 2014
Milano
I would say it depends on your patience, risk aversion and how high you rate the added-value a rooted phone gives you. There is already a way for the SM-N900 to reset Knox and I reckon it's just a matter of time until there will be a similar hack available to do the same on the SM-N9005. Well yes, in theory there are EU laws intended to protect consumer rights but in practice they are mostly not followed by Sammy in the way that they simply assert that you damaged the phone by, e.g. rooting it, and Knox tripped 0x1 is their "proof". However, it seems that there exist Service Plazas who will repair the phone anyways despite Knox being tripped but I wouldn't bet on it.
Thanks again for your talking about patience xD[emoji1]

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

World Enjoy

Jun 24, 2014
I need the MI5csc file. It's missing from the root de LA Vega xda thread. Which is odd because it's what you used.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

maremma

Jun 7, 2010
OTA will continue to arrive once rooted or we have to unroot (if yes how)
i serached trough the tread found similiar question but not the answer. sorry if has already been discussed

anas1987

Jul 4, 2014
worked fine on mine but not able to flash new rom for some reason, when booting into recovery I just see the little android man with a red triangle on top and the line...no command...

hello

i test it ... when i instal supersu .. root checker give me ( i do not have root access )

if i uninstal superus ... root checker give me (device has root access )

but i install some programe need root ... it was not work

so the root is not right

android_ace

Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
The Root De La Vega thread says, " If you are running MJ4, MJ7, MK1, MK2 or higher you can still root, but you will trip KNOX!". I'm sure this is something I can find in the "About device" section on my phone but I don't see anything like it. How do I tell what I'm running? I just bought my Note 3 and it is running 4.4.2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, me again. Yes, I've done another user friendly how to root video for our shiny new Galaxy Note 3, using designgears Root De La Vega method.

Root De La Vega

Hope it helps! =) If it does, please hulk smash that Thanks button!

Any issues or questions, please visit the original thread linked up top. When you get there, don't forget to thank designgears for his great and helpful work!

Cheers,
    Jared
    Care to show what else one would do after rooting their phone for newbies please? Meaning no rom, just what one can expect and achieve after mere rooting only. Thanks.

I'm not trying to be funny, but you have 251 posts and you don't know he purpose of rooting?

Rooting your phone gives you admin rights, just like having admin access on a computer. One of the main purposes is exactly that. With root access (admin rights) you have complete access to the system. You have access to the entire filesystem. You can run apps that require extra privileges. Basically.. You have FULL control of a piece of equipment that you paid good money for.

Sure, being able to update the Roms are great, but some of us do it because 'we can', some of us do it because we want to be able to run anything we want to.

Again, I am not trying to be rude or funny.. I am just not sure if you are serious or if you were being funny?
    Thanks , but are you sure that KNOX still 0X0 ?

No, not possible for Mj7 or MK2 users yet.
    You have to wait a little bit more.
    Btw, I've reflash Mk2 with Odin and lost root but fortunately didn't erase any files or settings (like frozen apps) :)

I do think I can live with stock unroot rom.

Cheers ?
    Hello everybody,
    AP: N9005XXUBMI7
    CP: N9005XXUBMI6
    CSC: N9005DBTBMI1

Phone wants to update (to BMJ7 probably) but I cancelled it.
    Now - should I update it before rooting? If not, when I root it now, will it be possible to update via OTA or Kies?
    Point is, I want the newest stock with root;)
    Wysyłane z mojego GT-N7100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

If you want to root with RDLV (Knox-Flag 0x0) don't update your phone via OTA.

If you want the newest stock rom, get UDMJ6 (BTU, UK).

Use universal RDLV to create cache.img.ext4 and system.img.ext4. Extract those files and build a new tar.md5 including the following files (extract the additional files from the Samsung tar.md5 file):

NON-HLOS.bin
    boot.img
    cache.img.ext4 <- created by Universal RDLV
    hidden.img.ext4
    modem.bin
    recovery.img
    system.img.ext4 <- created by Universal RDLV

DO NOT INCLUDE THE .MDB FILES!!! DO NOT INCLUDE UNMODIFIED system.img.ex4!!!

Use Odin from the RDLV-Bundle to flash that tar.md5 file and you will be fine. I'm on OXAUDMJ6 now with Knox-Flag 0x0 and working root, camera and WLAN.

Using files from different CSC-regions doesn't change the Knox-Flag - I even changed to a different csc.multi region (XEF->BTU). UK and Germany are in the same csc.multi region, so you should have even less problems.

You should at least stay in the same main region (XX for Europe). Don't try to flash the HK firmware - that caused problems for some users.
    Thanks very much, I requested that earlier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2