FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Help root after updating official B510 (KitKat 4.4.2)

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By Mfsto, Junior Member on 16th June 2014, 12:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I updated the phone to official B510 but now I can't root it with eroot or root genius...What can I do?
 
 
16th June 2014, 01:01 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfsto

I updated the phone to official B510 but now I can't root it with eroot or root genius...What can I do?

Install TWRP, that will root your phone. Install it, boot the phone. Now reboot it in recovery, press reboot and slide from left to right when asked if you like to install SuperSU.
Then press the SuperSU Installer, go to PlayStore, update that app and you are done.
The Following User Says Thank You to XDAvatar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 01:07 PM |#3  
Mfsto's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAvatar

Install TWRP, that will root your phone. Install it, boot the phone. Now reboot it in recovery, press reboot and slide from left to right when asked if you like to install SuperSU.
Then press the SuperSU Installer, go to PlayStore, update that app and you are done.

Oh thanks, I'm going to try it now! I didn't know that TWRP automatically roots the device Sorry for my english
16th June 2014, 01:35 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfsto

Oh thanks, I'm going to try it now! I didn't know that TWRP automatically roots the device Sorry for my english

You're welcome. Yes, TWRP does that very well, it also install busybox on your device. And if you search on XDA you will find a tutorial on controlling your HUAWEI Ascend P6 through init.d
16th June 2014, 02:30 PM |#5  
Mfsto's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAvatar

You're welcome. Yes, TWRP does that very well, it also install busybox on your device. And if you search on XDA you will find a tutorial on controlling your HUAWEI Ascend P6 through init.d

Already done! I'm not so noob at modding I was also trying to switch to ART but I can't find nothing for B510 I want to turn my phone into a beast!
16th June 2014, 03:44 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Unroot, also?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAvatar

You're welcome. Yes, TWRP does that very well, it also install busybox on your device. And if you search on XDA you will find a tutorial on controlling your HUAWEI Ascend P6 through init.d

Is it possible to unroot the device and remove installed packages (busybox and superuser app), also?
Last edited by pirl8; 16th June 2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: missing info
16th June 2014, 07:40 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I'm on kk 4.4.2 official.
I can root with twrp even the bootloader is locked?
I tried to unlock it with the command "fastboot oem unlock UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU", it's saying OK but unfortunately isn't unlocked. The command "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" show me locked!
Thank you.
Last edited by shecky; 16th June 2014 at 07:49 PM. Reason: bad word
16th June 2014, 08:58 PM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8

Is it possible to unroot the device and remove installed packages (busybox and superuser app), also?

Yes,
The Following User Says Thank You to XDAvatar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes