No registration required

Data connectivity issues

OP njd.sina

10th June 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

60 posts
More
Hey all, I've had my Evo for almost over a year now, and data was never an issue. As of lately, I'm unsure what caused this issue to start popping up, but my phone will have a 3G or LTE connection, but even if I don't move or leave the phone alone, I will lose the data connection and a popup in the notification drawer says "Unable to establish wireless data connection" where toggling data or airplane mode doesn't usually cause it to come back, it just does whenever it feels like it. I don't know whether it's Sprint, or my hardware, but this issue has been present for the past few months with no solution. I am on the latest radios, sense ROM, and learned about custom PRL's today (on 56019 now) and nothing has solved it. I've searched for anything on this device related to this problem and haven't found anything, so any suggestions or help would be appreciated
12th June 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

60 posts
More
Any suggestion whether the issue is at least my phone or the network would be helpful. I have no clue what the cause of the issue could be. Thanks
16th June 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #3  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 40

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njd.sina

Any suggestion whether the issue is at least my phone or the network would be helpful. I have no clue what the cause of the issue could be. Thanks

I noticed this more frequently as well once I installed 4.3 a while back - seems like the radio is much more sensitive and would pop up that message occasionally when it would switch between 1x/3g/4g/Wi-Fi - or from roaming back to sprint. I just ignored it - dismissed message and all would be well.

however, sprints network has been more and more troublesome these past 4-6 months - actually switched to ATT beginning of May due to this after being with Sprint for 16+ years.
The Following User Says Thank You to tommy_riley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread