FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Towelroot, a new way of rooting Samsung phones?

1,723 posts
Thanks Meter: 334
 
By oscarthegrouch, Senior Member on 16th June 2014, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157 I don't know if this will work for our phones. I don't know if it's safe, but I thought I'd post it anyways. Read about it originally at androidandme.

Edit: People are reporting it works with the sprint note 3 and doesn't trip Knox.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oscarthegrouch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oscarthegrouch Ad-Free
 
 
17th June 2014, 03:02 AM |#2  
1976sam's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
So far so good
I gave the towel apk a try and I must say an excellent and easy root . I went from slim rom back to nc5 stock uprooted . Down loaded root checker pro then from the stock browser I downloaded the apk file . No problems with my reinstall of twrp. No problems flashing a new rom . Will say that busy box needs to be reinstalled but having no problems at all
17th June 2014, 03:13 AM |#3  
JimSmith94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 406
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976sam

I gave the towel apk a try and I must say an excellent and easy root . I went from slim rom back to nc5 stock uprooted . Down loaded root checker pro then from the stock browser I downloaded the apk file . No problems with my reinstall of twrp. No problems flashing a new rom . Will say that busy box needs to be reinstalled but having no problems at all

Did it reset your Knox counter when you rooted with towelroot? If so, did the counter stay at 0x0 after you reinstalled TWRP? I'm already rooted and using TWRP so the only advantage to me would be to clear that Knox counter.
17th June 2014, 07:25 AM |#4  
1976sam's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Well I have never been concerned with knox so I didn't notice an actual 0x0 but I will say all Samsung apps updated. Also I had no warnings on boot . Until flashing a kernel . Unless I've been told wrong that has little to do with my equipment replacement warranty so my thing with knox is solved with a🔨😆

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 02:57 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Daytona Beach, Florida
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94

Did it reset your Knox counter when you rooted with towelroot? If so, did the counter stay at 0x0 after you reinstalled TWRP? I'm already rooted and using TWRP so the only advantage to me would be to clear that Knox counter.


+1 about Knox
17th June 2014, 05:47 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Conyers GA
Thanks Meter: 526
 
More
I could be wrong, but this is only a root method that does not trip knox. It is not meant to reset knox. It is being marketed as a root method.
17th June 2014, 07:34 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Norway
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbchristmas

+1 about Knox


Knox was not trigged ! 0X0 !!!!

Since i never had my device rooted and it was never trigged. And it stayed that way.



Full root access!

Note 3 N9005 newest rom
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4sta2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m4sta2k Ad-Free
18th June 2014, 12:19 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 334
 
More
Cool. Glad to hear that and hope it works out for you.
18th June 2014, 02:57 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Just gave this a shot. Never rooted this phone before. Finally took the plunge.

Worked a treat! Thank you so much. Will donate.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 03:02 AM |#10  
jndrad's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag long island, new york
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Woder if it will root my att s3?
18th June 2014, 03:12 AM |#11  
optimummind's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orange, CA
Thanks Meter: 811
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeker404

Just gave this a shot. Never rooted this phone before. Finally took the plunge.

Worked a treat! Thank you so much. Will donate.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Yes, please donate as much as you can to geohot. He deserves it for achieving such a great feat. And it'll encourage him to tackle future manuf and carrier obstructions.

Sent from my SPH-L720
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to optimummind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift optimummind Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes