Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Q] factory restore but keep bootloader unlocked, s-off, root, twrp

14th June 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
I want to start fresh and keep s-off, unlocked bootloader,perm root and twrp recovery. Whats the best way to do this? If I ruu back to stock, my device will keep s-off and unlocked bootloader right? Then I can just flash twrp again and perm root right? OR Can I just boot into recovery and clear data and cache? I've had samsung phones for the past year or two so i'm not used to HTC methods.
16th June 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

40 posts
BUMP
16th June 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
If you want to wipe everything you could just do a factory reset. I soft bricked my phone a week ago or so and just did a complete internal format then adb sideloaded a new rom. Kept root, unlock, s-off and recovery.
16th June 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

40 posts
so your saying i can just go into settings and do the reset there and I will keep root, s-off, unlocked bootloader, and twrp?
16th June 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

48 posts
More
Are you already S-Off with a custom recovery? I would just go into TWRP and do a clean wipe then install a stock rom....but to answer your question yes a RUU with take you back to stock (stock rom and recovery, it will ALSO wipe your SDCARD) but you will remain s-off, then just flash a custom recovery again.
16th June 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

40 posts
Thanks guys. I got it. I just didn't know if I would lose root doing a regular factory reset. I did factory reset in recovery then rebooted. I kept root, s-off, unlocked and twrp. I get it now. I'm sorry. the last time I messed with a HTC phone was when I had my rezound but that was like 4 phones ago.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread