Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

N900t for Straight Talk

OP RioPalmares

14th June 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techngro

Even if the seller on Ebay has good reviews, I would still be very cautious. The way these scams work. it can take weeks or months for the device to show up as being non-payment in the carrier's system (or the person can just wait to report it lost or stolen). I bought my Note 3 from Swappa in November and it wasn't blocked until late January. If you do some searching, you might find some threads that help you stay safe, and tell you how to reduce the risk of getting scammed when using Ebay, but for me the risk is too high now. Once you get burned, it just sucks balls and you never want it to happen again.

Have you ever thought to sell your Note 3 to another country where blocked IMEI means nothing?
14th June 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #12  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 133

674 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioPalmares

Have you ever thought to sell your Note 3 to another country where blocked IMEI means nothing?

Yeah, I thought about it, and still might. But I will lose money if I sell now, so that's why I want to wait a bit until at least I can get my next phone. By the time i'm ready to sell it, the price won't be different than if it weren't blocked anyway. By September, when Samsung releases the next Note, all Note 3s will be selling for 350-400.
14th June 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techngro

Yeah, I thought about it, and still might. But I will lose money if I sell now, so that's why I want to wait a bit until at least I can get my next phone. By the time i'm ready to sell it, the price won't be different than if it weren't blocked anyway. By September, when Samsung releases the next Note, all Note 3s will be selling for 350-400.

Well yeah, probably you're right.
I just bought mine n900a for 475$.
But Note 4 would cost no less than 800-900$ I guess, especially in the beginning.
Last edited by RioPalmares; 14th June 2014 at 08:59 AM.
16th June 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #14  
Flag Shawnee, OK
Thanks Meter: 184

678 posts
More
Got my N900T for $350 last week from a guy off Craigslist, only has some scuffs on the sides that you can't see with my case. I had to pay to carrier unlock mine since it was on 4.4.2 tw. Slapped carbon on it and it was running fine on hspa+. I've been on Straight talk for about a year now. Ordered an LTE Sim the other day and got free next day shipping. Literally took me five minutes to get LTE up and running. And it is beautiful.
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402951091990.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	2802145

And cheap. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
16th June 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #15  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 245

480 posts
More
Most of the time the scammers will wait for the dispute period to end with paypal, which is 45 days, and then leave you high and dry.

1. Buy direct from t-mobile if you can.
2. If you are buying from a local person/craigslist, meet at a T-mobile store and ask an agent to check that it is free and clear with no outstanding payments due. Most of the time if the person is not trustworthy they will not meet you at T-mobile.

If the phone is blocked no amount of begging or pleading will get T-mobile to unblock it. It has been tried over and over and they will not allow you to pay any unpaid balance. The only one who can do it is the scammer who is long gone at that point.
Last edited by mircury; 16th June 2014 at 11:03 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread