Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlock AT&T S4 to T-mobile

Tip us?

Indian9990
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Exclamation Unlock AT&T S4 to T-mobile

Hello,
I am sorry to ask this again but I have an AT&T S4 that's currently stock and runing 4.4.2 and I was wondering if there is any way to unlock it for T-mobile? I tired following some of the posts on here but they seem to be old and outdated. Does anyone have any other suggestions?'

Thanks!

chevegan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian9990 View Post
Hello,
I am sorry to ask this again but I have an AT&T S4 that's currently stock and runing 4.4.2 and I was wondering if there is any way to unlock it for T-mobile? I tired following some of the posts on here but they seem to be old and outdated. Does anyone have any other suggestions?'

Thanks!
Ditto....I want to do this as well. I want to softmod it in service mode but option 6 - phone control, is missing! I have NC1 update. So irritating..any help?

Indian9990
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevegan View Post
Ditto....I want to do this as well. I want to softmod it in service mode but option 6 - phone control, is missing! I have NC1 update. So irritating..any help?
I haven't heard anything yet..did more digging and it seems like you have to downgrade but then it's not guaranteed that you can unlock it.. I bought an unlock code for $30..still waiting to get it so I'll let you know if it works lol

shade379
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Att Device Unlock

Quote:
I haven't heard anything yet..did more digging and it seems like you have to downgrade but then it's not guaranteed that you can unlock it.. I bought an unlock code for $30..still waiting to get it so I'll let you know if it works lol
If you are an AT&T customer or a previous member you can unlock your AT&T phone by going here. It is FREE and i have done it with all my phones so far. They provide you with an unlock code and all you have to do is insert the new non-at&t sim and enter the unlock code.

Indian9990
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by shade379 View Post
If you are an AT&T customer or a previous member you can unlock your AT&T phone by going here. It is FREE and i have done it with all my phones so far. They provide you with an unlock code and all you have to do is insert the new non-at&t sim and enter the unlock code.
Yeah I am not an AT&T customer. I tried going that method and it didn't work. I got an unlock code from cellphoneunlock though

shade379
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unlock

Quote:
Yeah I am not an AT&T customer. I tried going that method and it didn't work. I got an unlock code from cellphoneunlock though
Since you have the unlock code, it will be almost the same thing. All you do is insert the non-att sim card and it will ask you to enter the unlock code. Enter the code and now you have an unlocked phone.