Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mirror PC to Glass

Tip us?

jewnersey
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Default Mirror PC to Glass

Lots about going Glass to PC but what about the other way around? Like TeamViewer etc?

Don't need input, just streaming display.

Thoughts ?

tech.central
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewnersey View Post
Lots about going Glass to PC but what about the other way around? Like TeamViewer etc?

Don't need input, just streaming display.

Thoughts ?
I think; glass processing power, glass data streaming, and glass battery life while data streaming are the limiting factors. These may change with updated hardware.

However, small screen size, and the lag that comes with all RDP streaming would also make it impractical.

Lastly I don't see how it would be that useful (I'd love to hear what you have in mind though) and I still haven't addressed the other problem, which is is it sounds like a lot of work to code.

jewnersey
Old
(Last edited by jewnersey; 16th June 2014 at 10:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
I'm doing my PhD (psychology) and will be using Glass throughout. Essentially, I need a computer to 'talk' to glass in real time and have a series of computer streams be available to the Glass wearer, either by swipeable cards, or some type of quad view layout. I was hoping that a direct video stream would be simpler than writing full software (especially since I've only just begun to learn java).

Battery can be dealt with (external battery pack).
Data over WiFi should be good enough.

I found this
https://developers.google.com/glass/...ttaching_video
But we run into programming limitations at the moment.

And I saw someone had made an app that streamed from a Go PRO camera via a URL , with camera connected to PC, but I think updates have killed that option, for now. I have tried to sidleoad several VNC client apps but I can't access any of the fields to fill in server information.