Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can we edit build prop to enable download booster.

OP chuckboy1129

16th June 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #11  
Flag Middletown, CT
Thanks Meter: 106

790 posts
More
Yeah I changed mine too true as well. Nothing happened. Also went to setting storage and setting db to add wifi Hotspot and download booster under the notification panel but still no go

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
16th June 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 46

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldi3rxx

Yeah I changed mine too true as well. Nothing happened. Also went to setting storage and setting db to add wifi Hotspot and download booster under the notification panel but still no go

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

what did you use to edit setting db? i cant get it to edit without crashing
16th June 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 95

181 posts
This has been done for a while:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719582

That being said, I skimmed the thread and I don't think the author posted exactly what settings were changed in the corresponding files. Even though it mentions all variants, sometimes the apk's vary between carrier software versions, so if you do intend to copy the files to the corresponding places from the (presumably 2.1 ODEX) zip in the OP of that thread, make sure you make a backup just in case,

Also, realize that you may be at risk to bootloop and unable to access adb if the boot procedure stops early, thus forcing you to reflash the original factory ODIN file, which means you'd lose any data/settings by reverting to factory defaults.
16th June 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 87

177 posts
Hey guys I've beetn working on this a little bit. Check out this thread. It looks to be a difference in the services.jar file where the very obviously states "This feature is disabled" multiple times. It's in a folder called SmartBonding.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...695515&page=17

Yesterday I tried changing one file, but I noticed the others have minor differences too. I'm going to try with more of the files replaced today.
16th June 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #15  
Flag Middletown, CT
Thanks Meter: 106

790 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffJr2

what did you use to edit setting db? i cant get it to edit without crashing

SQlite editor
17th June 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 273

450 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldi3rxx

SQlite editor

Did you get the setting.db changes to take? It doesn't look like you did. I haven't been able to get them either.

I have edited it to try to include WiFiHotspot with no luck of the toggle appearing.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicaust

Hey guys I've beetn working on this a little bit. Check out this thread. It looks to be a difference in the services.jar file where the very obviously states "This feature is disabled" multiple times. It's in a folder called SmartBonding.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...695515&page=17

Yesterday I tried changing one file, but I noticed the others have minor differences too. I'm going to try with more of the files replaced today.

I have been too - maybe we can put 2 heads together to get it working?

I used all of his files and of course it stuck at boot. I figured it would.
Last edited by joderme; 17th June 2014 at 12:28 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread