FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Phone not booting up after installing Omega rom v29

31st May 2014, 11:55 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed v29 (4.4.2), upgrading from v19 (4.1.2). I followed the instructions of formatting /system, /preload and /cache and the Dalvik cache. Now the phone turns on but is stuck in the booting screen. I can still access CWM but reinstalling v29 hasn't helped. Hopefully I can recover from this situation? Thanks in advance for your help!

Update: I just formatted the /sdcard and reinstalled the rom, but phone is still stuck on the booting screen.
 
 
31st May 2014, 01:09 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssx

Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed v29 (4.4.2), upgrading from v19 (4.1.2). I followed the instructions of formatting /system, /preload and /cache and the Dalvik cache. Now the phone turns on but is stuck in the booting screen. I can still access CWM but reinstalling v29 hasn't helped. Hopefully I can recover from this situation? Thanks in advance for your help!

Update: I just formatted the /sdcard and reinstalled the rom, but phone is still stuck on the booting screen.

install a custom rom whit odin if possible 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 after download root file for 4.2.2 after reinstal pilz or twrp an install your rom
Last edited by ulkika; 31st May 2014 at 01:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ulkika For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 01:16 PM |#3  
Member
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
This forum is not for your issues. @admin please move this thread to right section.
31st May 2014, 01:24 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
root file
Attached Files
File Type: tar cwm6-root-note2.tar - [Click for QR Code] (12.20 MB, 5 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to ulkika For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 02:11 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulkika

install a custom rom whit odin if possible 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 after download root file for 4.2.2 after reinstal pilz or twrp an install your rom

Thanks for the reply.
I am downloading a custom ROM from sam mobile. Version:
Model: GT-N7100
Model name: GALAXY Note II
Country: France
PDA: N7100XXUFND3


I am planning to flash this on top of the v18 (4.1.2) that i have now to get 4.4.2. I will then install v29 on top of that. when would i require to flash 4.2.2 root file?
31st May 2014, 03:00 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssx

Thanks for the reply.
I am downloading a custom ROM from sam mobile. Version:
Model: GT-N7100
Model name: GALAXY Note II
Country: France
PDA: N7100XXUFND3


I am planning to flash this on top of the v18 (4.1.2) that i have now to get 4.4.2. I will then install v29 on top of that. when would i require to flash 4.2.2 root file?

Don't flash 4.4.2 Stock, this way you will get Knox counter.
Which means once rooted, your phone's warranty will be void.
Flash the 4.1.2 stock. Then flash a custom ROM and MJ5 Bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eateh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 04:08 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eateh

Don't flash 4.4.2 Stock, this way you will get Knox counter.
Which means once rooted, your phone's warranty will be void.
Flash the 4.1.2 stock. Then flash a custom ROM and MJ5 Bootloader.

Is there no way to come to Omega v29 from stock 4.4.2? I just finished downloading it. plus the 4.1.2 version is not up on sam mobile.
31st May 2014, 05:14 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssx

Is there no way to come to Omega v29 from stock 4.4.2? I just finished downloading it. plus the 4.1.2 version is not up on sam mobile.


There is.
This is not what I ment
4.4.2 has KNOX 2.0, which has a nasty warranty void next to it, that cant be nulled.
Unlike Binary Count on 4.1.2, or 4.2?
I found 4.1.2 on Sammobile.
Said counter is in Download mode.
Last edited by Eateh; 31st May 2014 at 05:20 PM.
16th June 2014, 11:37 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i have the same problem, i flash 4.4.2 from 4.3 omega rom. but it keeps on boot screen with omega guy walking. what did i do wrong? how can i solve this? i am trying to flash rom from my external sd card.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes