Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,288 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone not booting up after installing Omega rom v29

Tip us?

mssx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Phone not booting up after installing Omega rom v29

Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed v29 (4.4.2), upgrading from v19 (4.1.2). I followed the instructions of formatting /system, /preload and /cache and the Dalvik cache. Now the phone turns on but is stuck in the booting screen. I can still access CWM but reinstalling v29 hasn't helped. Hopefully I can recover from this situation? Thanks in advance for your help!

Update: I just formatted the /sdcard and reinstalled the rom, but phone is still stuck on the booting screen.

ulkika
Old
(Last edited by ulkika; 31st May 2014 at 01:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssx View Post
Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed v29 (4.4.2), upgrading from v19 (4.1.2). I followed the instructions of formatting /system, /preload and /cache and the Dalvik cache. Now the phone turns on but is stuck in the booting screen. I can still access CWM but reinstalling v29 hasn't helped. Hopefully I can recover from this situation? Thanks in advance for your help!

Update: I just formatted the /sdcard and reinstalled the rom, but phone is still stuck on the booting screen.
install a custom rom whit odin if possible 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 after download root file for 4.2.2 after reinstal pilz or twrp an install your rom
The Following User Says Thank You to ulkika For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AHOME
Old
Thanks Meter 12
This forum is not for your issues. @admin please move this thread to right section.

ulkika
Old
Thanks Meter 12
root file
Attached Files
File Type: tar cwm6-root-note2.tar - [Click for QR Code] (12.20 MB, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to ulkika For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mssx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulkika View Post
install a custom rom whit odin if possible 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 after download root file for 4.2.2 after reinstal pilz or twrp an install your rom
Thanks for the reply.
I am downloading a custom ROM from sam mobile. Version:
Model: GT-N7100
Model name: GALAXY Note II
PDA: N7100XXUFND3

I am planning to flash this on top of the v18 (4.1.2) that i have now to get 4.4.2. I will then install v29 on top of that. when would i require to flash 4.2.2 root file?

Eateh
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Thanks for the reply.
I am downloading a custom ROM from sam mobile. Version:
Model: GT-N7100
Model name: GALAXY Note II
PDA: N7100XXUFND3

I am planning to flash this on top of the v18 (4.1.2) that i have now to get 4.4.2. I will then install v29 on top of that. when would i require to flash 4.2.2 root file?
Don't flash 4.4.2 Stock, this way you will get Knox counter.
Which means once rooted, your phone's warranty will be void.
Flash the 4.1.2 stock. Then flash a custom ROM and MJ5 Bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eateh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mssx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eateh View Post
Don't flash 4.4.2 Stock, this way you will get Knox counter.
Which means once rooted, your phone's warranty will be void.
Flash the 4.1.2 stock. Then flash a custom ROM and MJ5 Bootloader.
Is there no way to come to Omega v29 from stock 4.4.2? I just finished downloading it. plus the 4.1.2 version is not up on sam mobile.

Eateh
Old
(Last edited by Eateh; 31st May 2014 at 05:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Is there no way to come to Omega v29 from stock 4.4.2? I just finished downloading it. plus the 4.1.2 version is not up on sam mobile.

There is.
This is not what I ment
4.4.2 has KNOX 2.0, which has a nasty warranty void next to it, that cant be nulled.
Unlike Binary Count on 4.1.2, or 4.2?
I found 4.1.2 on Sammobile.
Said counter is in Download mode.

nuitarian
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have the same problem, i flash 4.4.2 from 4.3 omega rom. but it keeps on boot screen with omega guy walking. what did i do wrong? how can i solve this? i am trying to flash rom from my external sd card.