CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

If you bricked your phone or can't get in recovery please read

OP michael85tx

13th June 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

22 posts
i know this is not a question, but I see so many asking these questions on here so I figured it's the best spot for it.

****NOTE*****
Odin will NOT let you downgrade bootloader from N2 to anything below. You will get failed attempts or bootloops and usually no way to get into recovery mode. Doesn't matter which Odin you use.
You can ONLY downgrade bootloader by flashing it!

If you were like me did the OTA or flashed over to the official 4.4.2 (N2) and seen everything was the exact same and didn't like it so you wanted to downgrade to be able to flash the custom rom you were using or the one you want to use. I didn't know any different and just did the usual .. recovery mode .. complete reset/complete wipe .. and flashed my rom. Not knowing any different I got stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 screen and couldn't get back into recovery mode and was only able to get into download mode (odin). Odin would flash every recovery I gave and would fail at the stock roms I tried flashing so I was pretty much stuck and I couldn't post yet as I had barely joined. SO I dug in and did some research and this worked for me...

So here's how you can get recovery again and fix your phone

Thanks to jlmancuso he made the best solution here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...73536636214703

Simply download the attached file. It is BRICKED heaven! (worked for me.) and have your recovery (twrp, philz, cwm) file. And have Odin.

1) Extract all files fix / recovery (if haven't already) / and odin (again if haven't already)
2) Open Odin in PDA put in the "fix" file. BEFORE continuing, UNCHECK Auto Reboot. (HAS TO BE UNCHECKED)
3) Connect phone to computer
4) Once the file has finished (Odin will say pass) disconnect the phone.
DO NOT TAKE THE BATTERY OUT
5) Put it back in Recovery Mode (home / volume up / power )
Give it a minute and it will load a custom recovery.
If you were stuck at a bootloop you probably don't have a rom on your phone (cleaned and empty).
If so try flashing this in Odin as well (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CWousOd0ntTHl2RmxPbHJWODQ/edit?usp=sharing}
When the custom recovery loads you can flash what you want.

Odin will not let you downgrade from NE2 to anything below (bootloader). I suggest flash over Philz and flash that way.

Once in the custom recovery that comes up I suggest to flash the M2 Stock with Count Reset. (back to complete stock) then can do what you want from there.

**If the custom recovery does not show up**

Repeat the steps above (Odin / add fix to PDA / Uncheck Auto Reboot / Connect Phone / start flash)

Then again DO NOT PULL BATTERY ... (once it shows pass) disconnect and reboot back in download mode ( home / volume down / power )

Flash over your recovery ... (do not pull battery) and try the Recovery Mode ... my first time I thought it was still stuck in bootloop so give it a second.

.... It's also a helpful hint to be able to downgrade completely .... (If you USE Google Wallet make sure you remove password or you will lock up the app (as so I read) and a helpful FYI Google Wallet is fixing to discontinue working on anything 4.3 and under ... that's really the main reason why they pushed 4.4 so fast)

***** Another alteranitive thanks to "garwynn " for the SPRINT STOCK N2 .tar file on this thread : " http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2780984 " you CAN flash this from Odin to get back in shape and go from there *****
Last edited by michael85tx; 13th June 2014 at 04:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to michael85tx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
The first link is broken, can you edit the post please as this may fix my phone. Thank you.
15th June 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #3  
Flag Mission

6 posts
More
Link does not work, can we get a working link please!
15th June 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrizM808

Link does not work, can we get a working link please!

Sorry guys been busy and just seen the replies. I really don't remember the thread I found it in to be honest I was in and out of threads but here's a download for what you needed in that post

I found the thread it's http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...653671&page=29 POST #287
Attached Files
File Type: tar fix.tar - [Click for QR Code] (14.55 MB, 54 views)
Last edited by michael85tx; 15th June 2014 at 09:17 AM.
16th June 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #5  
Flag Mission

6 posts
More
Quote:

***** Another alteranitive thanks to "garwynn " for the SPRINT STOCK N2 .tar file on this thread : " http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2780984 " you CAN flash this from Odin to get back in shape and go from there *****

This one right here did it for me, my phone is running flawlessly.

*****updated PRL and everything is good to go*****
Last edited by KrizM808; 16th June 2014 at 07:43 PM.
17th June 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrizM808

This one right here did it for me, my phone is running flawlessly.

*****updated PRL and everything is good to go*****

Yeah thanks to him for having the .tar file it's the easiest way now to get your phone working. The other way you had to bypass the bootloader. With the .tar it just rewrites what screwed up pretty much. So tons of kudos to garwynn
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread