OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Some background info first:
Nook HD
CM 11
CWM v6.0.4.6
When the problem occured, I was running this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...00572&page=100 on one of the earlier builds, the 1/9/2014 build.
In an attempt to hopefully fix it, (after doing a backup that nearly burnt out the device), I flashed the 6/3/2014 nightly build, which didn't change anything with the booting.

This problem started happening for seemingly no reason after a freeze. I held the power button until it shut off, and then tried to turn it back on. Instead of the normal boot to cyanogen mod, it takes me directly to CWM. If I leave it on CWM, the device starts getting alarmingly hot and the screen starts flashing rapidly. I haven't seen a way online to get it to boot back into CM. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by PixelLight; 16th June 2014 at 07:40 PM.
16th June 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,660

8,348 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLight

Some background info first:
Nook HD
CM 11
CWM v6.0.4.6
When the problem occured, I was running this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...00572&page=100 on one of the earlier builds, the 1/9/2014 build.
In an attempt to hopefully fix it, (after doing a backup that nearly burnt out the device), I flashed the 6/3/2014 nightly build, which didn't change anything with the booting.

This problem started happening for seemingly no reason after a freeze. I held the power button until it shut off, and then tried to turn it back on. Instead of the normal boot to cyanogen mod, it takes me directly to CWM. If I leave it on CWM, the device starts getting alarmingly hot and the screen starts flashing rapidly. I haven't seen a way online to get it to boot back into CM. Any help would be appreciated.

Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM per item 6 (it needs to be the older version there instead of 6046). Use that to flash a plain stock zip from item 6 followed by a factory reset. That should fix your booting issue and you can start over.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
16th June 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM per item 6 (it needs to be the older version there instead of 6046). Use that to flash a plain stock zip from item 6 followed by a factory reset. That should fix your booting issue and you can start over.

Would this clear out my data? I've been using my tablet since January... Also, any idea what would cause this to happen seemingly randomly?
16th June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,660

8,348 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLight

Would this clear out my data? I've been using my tablet since January... Also, any idea what would cause this to happen seemingly randomly?

Yes, you lose everything.

And it was not random. You said it froze. When that happened you glitched internal memory which might get fixed by my procedure. But it might not and you have a brick.

17th June 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Yes, you lose everything.

And it was not random. You said it froze. When that happened you glitched internal memory which might get fixed by my procedure. But it might not and you have a brick.

Ah well. That's no fun.
17th June 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Ha! I did it, no reformatting or anything needed. Here's what I did:
-Wiped Dalvik
-Wiped cache partition
Went into mounts and storage,
Formatted /cache
formatted /bootdata

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help though.
Last edited by PixelLight; 17th June 2014 at 12:59 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread