[Q] Bought an Unlocked Verizon Note II

OP gallogj

17th June 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

83 posts
My question is...should I get it activated on Verizon so I could get the KitKat OTA? Will I lose the unlock if I do that? I'd rather have the phone activated on Cricket Wireless...it'll be cheaper!
17th June 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 76

888 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallogj

My question is...should I get it activated on Verizon so I could get the KitKat OTA? Will I lose the unlock if I do that? I'd rather have the phone activated on Cricket Wireless...it'll be cheaper!

If the bootloader is unlocked you do not want to take the OTA it will lock the the device and you wont be able to change roms not sure about being able to change carriers. There are stock roms available with KITKAT running via TWRPor CWM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vernox701 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernox701

If the bootloader is unlocked you do not want to take the OTA it will lock the the device and you wont be able to change roms not sure about being able to change carriers. There are stock roms available with KITKAT running via TWRPor CWM.

Thanks Vernox! I've been over in the Apple world for a while...so I'll have to get caught back up on Android what TWRP is! I'll do some searching. Is there a good stock rom with KitKat that you recommend?
17th June 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #4  
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 76

888 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallogj

Thanks Vernox! I've been over in the Apple world for a while...so I'll have to get caught back up on Android what TWRP is! I'll do some searching. Is there a good stock rom with KitKat that you recommend?

Sorry I can't recommend anything at this point. I am new to the Note2 as well. bootloader is locked but I did manage to root so I'm content with modding and getting rid of the bloatware
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread