Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 37,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ringtone not muted on speakers with earphones?

Tip us?

hpl912
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Ringtone not muted on speakers with earphones?

Anyone's incoming call or any notification sound are still coming out from the speakers and not the earphones with the earphones plugged in? I'm with the noise cancelling earphones if that's how it's supposed to be?
All my previous phones mutes the speaker and you hear the ringtones/notifications through the earphones when plugged in

Sony XPERIA Z2 D6503

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,145

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpl912 View Post
Anyone's incoming call or any notification sound are still coming out from the speakers and not the earphones with the earphones plugged in? I'm with the noise cancelling earphones if that's how it's supposed to be?
All my previous phones mutes the speaker and you hear the ringtones/notifications through the earphones when plugged in
Are you sure you plugged jack properly?
Press it till the end and it'll work.

And no, it's not normal to have sound on speakers and earphones in the same time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

hpl912
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
Are you sure you plugged jack properly?
Press it till the end and it'll work.

And no, it's not normal to have sound on speakers and earphones in the same time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
yes i'm pretty sure it's plugged in correctly as i'm listening to music on it. but incoming call's ringtone plays on the speakers instead and not on the earphones (music just gets muted but no ringtone sound)

Sony XPERIA Z2 D6503

cHoLoCoY
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i have this same problem to,.... I'm using Handcent as my defualt SMS/MMS app,... at first i thought it was an app setting thing but messing around with it,.... i still can't find anything to get around it,.....

I'm using a Sony Smart Headset by the way,...

platosearwax
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpl912 View Post
As I understand it, this is a "feature" of Kitkat (If not Jellybean because it did this to me on my GS3). On my GS3 I rooted it and got around the problem but I can't find a way around it on the Z2. There is an app that forces ringtones to headphones but it does not seem to work on the Z2, at least without root. I don't understand why anyone would want this feature. If I am in the library and listening to headphones I don't need my ringtone blasting away. And it is impossible to hear on a crowded bus.

hpl912
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by platosearwax View Post
As I understand it, this is a "feature" of Kitkat (If not Jellybean because it did this to me on my GS3). On my GS3 I rooted it and got around the problem but I can't find a way around it on the Z2. There is an app that forces ringtones to headphones but it does not seem to work on the Z2, at least without root. I don't understand why anyone would want this feature. If I am in the library and listening to headphones I don't need my ringtone blasting away. And it is impossible to hear on a crowded bus.
but that's weird when I had my Z1 running on kitkat it doesn't have this problem... isn't it a hardware issue? so this is happening on all Z2? surprised there was no much complaint about this to Sony...

Sony XPERIA Z2 D6503