Post Reply

[Q] Ringtone not muted on speakers with earphones?

OP hpl912

12th June 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Anyone's incoming call or any notification sound are still coming out from the speakers and not the earphones with the earphones plugged in? I'm with the noise cancelling earphones if that's how it's supposed to be?
All my previous phones mutes the speaker and you hear the ringtones/notifications through the earphones when plugged in
12th June 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #2  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,395
 
6,608 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpl912

Anyone's incoming call or any notification sound are still coming out from the speakers and not the earphones with the earphones plugged in? I'm with the noise cancelling earphones if that's how it's supposed to be?
All my previous phones mutes the speaker and you hear the ringtones/notifications through the earphones when plugged in

Are you sure you plugged jack properly?
Press it till the end and it'll work.

And no, it's not normal to have sound on speakers and earphones in the same time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
13th June 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Are you sure you plugged jack properly?
Press it till the end and it'll work.

And no, it's not normal to have sound on speakers and earphones in the same time.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

yes i'm pretty sure it's plugged in correctly as i'm listening to music on it. but incoming call's ringtone plays on the speakers instead and not on the earphones (music just gets muted but no ringtone sound)
13th June 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
i have this same problem to,.... I'm using Handcent as my defualt SMS/MMS app,... at first i thought it was an app setting thing but messing around with it,.... i still can't find anything to get around it,.....

I'm using a Sony Smart Headset by the way,...
13th June 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Bergen
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpl912

Anyone's incoming call or any notification sound are still coming out from the speakers and not the earphones with the earphones plugged in? I'm with the noise cancelling earphones if that's how it's supposed to be?
All my previous phones mutes the speaker and you hear the ringtones/notifications through the earphones when plugged in

As I understand it, this is a "feature" of Kitkat (If not Jellybean because it did this to me on my GS3). On my GS3 I rooted it and got around the problem but I can't find a way around it on the Z2. There is an app that forces ringtones to headphones but it does not seem to work on the Z2, at least without root. I don't understand why anyone would want this feature. If I am in the library and listening to headphones I don't need my ringtone blasting away. And it is impossible to hear on a crowded bus.
17th June 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by platosearwax

As I understand it, this is a "feature" of Kitkat (If not Jellybean because it did this to me on my GS3). On my GS3 I rooted it and got around the problem but I can't find a way around it on the Z2. There is an app that forces ringtones to headphones but it does not seem to work on the Z2, at least without root. I don't understand why anyone would want this feature. If I am in the library and listening to headphones I don't need my ringtone blasting away. And it is impossible to hear on a crowded bus.

but that's weird when I had my Z1 running on kitkat it doesn't have this problem... isn't it a hardware issue? so this is happening on all Z2? surprised there was no much complaint about this to Sony...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank