Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

XDA & New Relic Performance Monitoring [Sponsored]

In other posts we’ve raved about New Relic Mobile for monitoring performance of our … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

enable tethering

OP mikep90

16th June 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 525

492 posts
More
I have the unlimited plan on att and trying to enable tethering/hotspot. I have 4.4.2 rooted and how will i accomplish this.
16th June 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
Freeze the system app called "tethering provisions". Use an app manager like titanium backup pro, or another one off your choice.
16th June 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
I get a message that unfortunately settings has stopped when I try to turn on tethering. Tethering provisions frozen with TiBu Pro.
16th June 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
You should only get the error once. Then open settings and type in new hotspot ssid and password.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

If error persists after setting up hotspot info, find a widget that can enable hotspot. I use "power toggles".
16th June 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 18

289 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep90

I have the unlimited plan on att and trying to enable tethering/hotspot. I have 4.4.2 rooted and how will i accomplish this.

Download portable mobile hotspot from the Playstore, has worked flawlessly over the last month, and no *timeouts.

Once downloaded, tap the icon. a message will appear "please wait while verifying", press ur Home button while the message is there and u will be good to go, (and att will not know ur tethering).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.wifi.hotspot
17th June 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #6  

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiphoneUzer

Download portable mobile hotspot from the Playstore, has worked flawlessly over the last month, and no *timeouts.

Once downloaded, tap the icon. a message will appear "please wait while verifying", press ur Home button while the message is there and u will be good to go, (and att will not know ur tethering).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.wifi.hotspot

Nope. Still getting the settings has stopped message. I don't get the message please wait while verifying. I've rebooted. Tried freezing both tethering items with tibu. Not sure why not working for me. I'm on Stock Rooted.
17th June 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Try turning on/off Hotspot a few times. that should do the trick. the problem is I got the warning email from att. I use foxfi btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th June 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #8  

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtest

Try turning on/off Hotspot a few times. that should do the trick. the problem is I got the warning email from att. I use foxfi btw

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Interesting. That worked. Still get the settings warning, but the hotspot goes active.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread