Help me with 4.4 kit Kat root

OP Gblake13

8th June 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 438

1,218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahoalton

if I have an unlocked BL, and the latest stock version on KK, how would I get root? Is it possible?

thanks.

Flash a custom recovery via fastboot, and then flash SuperSU zip in recovery.
8th June 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 739

1,214 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...vices-t2771623 <-- this thread (not saying it works) is getting popular with Motorola devices. I attempted it myself and got errors just like some other people. Only difference is they still had root and I don't. I suggest following the thread and seeing if it does someday work for us or somebody could attempt it themselves. I'm currently on windows 8.1 so that could be a problem.
9th June 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #13  

1,218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaghostgamer

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...vices-t2771623 <-- this thread (not saying it works) is getting popular with Motorola devices. I attempted it myself and got errors just like some other people. Only difference is they still had root and I don't. I suggest following the thread and seeing if it does someday work for us or somebody could attempt it themselves. I'm currently on windows 8.1 so that could be a problem.

^^^He doesn't need an exploit since he has an unlocked BL. Also, this has been checked on the M and HD family of devices, it WILL NOT work because the the current KK updates have already patched the hole that this exploit is meant to take advantage of.
The Following User Says Thank You to RikRong For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #14  
Flag Ivano-Frankivsk
Thanks Meter: 135

565 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahoalton

if I have an unlocked BL, and the latest stock version on KK, how would I get root? Is it possible?

thanks.

Yes!.. Just use URL="http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/msm8960/CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img"]custom recovery[/URL] and flash Superuser zip
15th June 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
And what about aka test points? Many Motorola models had such special test points using which you could get unlock of BL. How about our XT907? Any ideas about test points or shortcircuit of contacts?
15th June 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 125

1,584 posts
More
No need now! Towelroot will root stock KK, and what magic it does allows Motopocalypse to unlock BL again.
The Following User Says Thank You to GnatGoSplat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 406

1,445 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/16...-hd-towelroot/
Confirmed working!
Root and bootloader unlock!

Sent from my Droid RAZR M
17th June 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #18  

1,218 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat

No need now! Towelroot will root stock KK, and what magic it does allows Motopocalypse to unlock BL again.

Towel Root only allows the root access that Motopocalypse needs. The old trust zone was accidentally (or purposely) put back into this OTA, that's what Motopocalyse exploits.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 125

1,584 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRong

Towel Root only allows the root access that Motopocalypse needs. The old trust zone was accidentally (or purposely) put back into this OTA, that's what Motopocalyse exploits.

Ah, I see. Good to know.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread