Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Known bug list with CM11 XT897/Photon Q 4G

OP jonas21

5th June 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,

is there a list of known bugs for the photon q somewhere? I cant find anything related to CM11 for it.

Using the latest CM11 nightly's i am getting some bugs, most important (for me) are:
- Once the phone is booted you get the SIM code screen. I can enter the SIM pin there via touch fine. After that screen is passed
it gets to the phone lock screen. There you can not enter the code via the touch screen, only via physical keyboard.

- Camera button doesnt work (doesnt launch camera app). Inside the camera app the button works (takes pictures).

- Sometimes the data connection "hangs up". It displays 3G/Edge/HSPA+ connected but no data is passed. Only way to get it back to work is to
reset the data connection by turning mobile data off and then back on. I havent been able to find any special situation when this happens, its just random.
5th June 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,644

11,399 posts
Donate to Me
More
Which nightly are you on? Are you using the moto_msm8960 builds?

You are describing some GSM issues, which I cannot recreate but the CM maintainers should be able to.

As for the camera button issue, I think you can map it to anything - although mine seemingly does nothing as well (outside of the cam app itself).

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Free mobile app
6th June 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #3  
Flag Portland, OR
Thanks Meter: 12

72 posts
Donate to Me
More
The camera button is working in the M5 build. You have to hold it for about a second for it to work, probably a protection against accidental presses.
7th June 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #4  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,644

11,399 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solust

The camera button is working in the M5 build. You have to hold it for about a second for it to work, probably a protection against accidental presses.

I'm on a nightly from June 5th. Holding the button vibes the phone, but nothing actually happens.
12th June 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #5  

21 posts
More
The camera button works as expected for me on CM11 M7 from the 9th
15th June 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Right now i am on today's nightly (15.06.2014).
I've checked the changelog but couldnt see any important changes that could have resolved this issue...will test the next days tho.

Any idea how to map it correctly?

I am not going to use M-builds, they are simply too old and include security bugs (like the openSSL issue).

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

Which nightly are you on? Are you using the moto_msm8960 builds?

You are describing some GSM issues, which I cannot recreate but the CM maintainers should be able to.

As for the camera button issue, I think you can map it to anything - although mine seemingly does nothing as well (outside of the cam app itself).

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Free mobile app

17th June 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 5

28 posts
The one bug for the msm8960 builds is the incall volume bug, it goes away after restart, but usually shows up after each phone call for me

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread