Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 48,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Known bug list with CM11 XT897/Photon Q 4G

Tip us?

jonas21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 [Q] Known bug list with CM11 XT897/Photon Q 4G

Hello,

is there a list of known bugs for the photon q somewhere? I cant find anything related to CM11 for it.

Using the latest CM11 nightly's i am getting some bugs, most important (for me) are:
- Once the phone is booted you get the SIM code screen. I can enter the SIM pin there via touch fine. After that screen is passed
it gets to the phone lock screen. There you can not enter the code via the touch screen, only via physical keyboard.

- Camera button doesnt work (doesnt launch camera app). Inside the camera app the button works (takes pictures).

- Sometimes the data connection "hangs up". It displays 3G/Edge/HSPA+ connected but no data is passed. Only way to get it back to work is to
reset the data connection by turning mobile data off and then back on. I havent been able to find any special situation when this happens, its just random.

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3374

DONATE TO ME
Which nightly are you on? Are you using the moto_msm8960 builds?

You are describing some GSM issues, which I cannot recreate but the CM maintainers should be able to.

As for the camera button issue, I think you can map it to anything - although mine seemingly does nothing as well (outside of the cam app itself).

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Free mobile app

Solust
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
The camera button is working in the M5 build. You have to hold it for about a second for it to work, probably a protection against accidental presses.
[How-To] Unlock Bootloader and Root for the Motorola Photon Q

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solust View Post
The camera button is working in the M5 build. You have to hold it for about a second for it to work, probably a protection against accidental presses.
I'm on a nightly from June 5th. Holding the button vibes the phone, but nothing actually happens.

abortretryfail
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The camera button works as expected for me on CM11 M7 from the 9th

jonas21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Right now i am on today's nightly (15.06.2014).
I've checked the changelog but couldnt see any important changes that could have resolved this issue...will test the next days tho.

Any idea how to map it correctly?

I am not going to use M-builds, they are simply too old and include security bugs (like the openSSL issue).

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Which nightly are you on? Are you using the moto_msm8960 builds?

You are describing some GSM issues, which I cannot recreate but the CM maintainers should be able to.

As for the camera button issue, I think you can map it to anything - although mine seemingly does nothing as well (outside of the cam app itself).

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Free mobile app

Morecrabs
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The one bug for the msm8960 builds is the incall volume bug, it goes away after restart, but usually shows up after each phone call for me

XDA PORTAL POSTS

TWRP Now Available for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live

Over the past week or so, we’ve talkedquite a bit about the first … more

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more