Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 - Killed by my incompetence

Tip us?

DariusMk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Note 3 - Killed by my incompetence

So hello everyone. This is my first post and i am already groveling for help to see if my Note can be salvaged.

Yesterday I decided to put CyanogenMOD on. I had it on my 1st Gen. Note and I loved it! Problem is, the app they provide for installation does not yet support Note 3, so I went down the old road of doing it manualy. Never done it before though, so something was bound to happen.

Problem caused by impatience and ignorance

In short, i did the following -

1) Installed CF AutoRoot, which, of course, installed SuperSU
2) Installed MobileOdin
3) Put CM11 on my SD card
4) Booted into stock OS and attempted to install CM using MOdin
5) Failed to install - ODIN kept saying its not meant for my phone (i go the hlte image and the image was supposedly meant for hltexx etc.)
6) I followed to instructions to delete a line from the install script which would allow me to install the same image with no problems.
7) Last step obviously unzipping and rezipping file
8) Phone gives another big FU and says this is not the right image now

And this is where I firmly believe i messed up

8) Frustrated, i uploaded an unzipper folder
9) Picked the file 'boot.img' as targer file in Mobile Odin (Why? Why did I do that?)

Result - boot process is stuck at the Samsung SM-N9005 etc. logo with the top two lines saying:

KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit : kernel

After a good 15-20s pause the phone just shuts down.

Question
What the verdict? This thing is salvageable or should I start weeping?

Dan-SRi
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Try taking the battery out for about 10 seconds and then hold home and volume up and then insert the battery. Should boot into download mode where you can use odin on desktop to flash original ROM. Solved a similar issue for me.
Current:

Galaxy Note 3 N9005 - Running MultiX with 360DPI!
Apple iPad 4th Gen - Jailbroke of course!
Samsung Galaxy Gear - Running null ROM!

Logo

DariusMk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-SRi View Post
Try taking the battery out for about 10 seconds and then hold home and volume up and then insert the battery. Should boot into download mode where you can use odin on desktop to flash original ROM. Solved a similar issue for me.
Worked like a charm! Phone is back to normal, although i am not quite down trying to get CMMod on it

celderic
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusMk View Post
So hello everyone. This is my first post and i am already groveling for help to see if my Note can be salvaged.

Yesterday I decided to put CyanogenMOD on. I had it on my 1st Gen. Note and I loved it! Problem is, the app they provide for installation does not yet support Note 3, so I went down the old road of doing it manualy. Never done it before though, so something was bound to happen.

Problem caused by impatience and ignorance

In short, i did the following -

1) Installed CF AutoRoot, which, of course, installed SuperSU
2) Installed MobileOdin
3) Put CM11 on my SD card
4) Booted into stock OS and attempted to install CM using MOdin
5) Failed to install - ODIN kept saying its not meant for my phone (i go the hlte image and the image was supposedly meant for hltexx etc.)
6) I followed to instructions to delete a line from the install script which would allow me to install the same image with no problems.
7) Last step obviously unzipping and rezipping file
8) Phone gives another big FU and says this is not the right image now

And this is where I firmly believe i messed up

8) Frustrated, i uploaded an unzipper folder
9) Picked the file 'boot.img' as targer file in Mobile Odin (Why? Why did I do that?)

Result - boot process is stuck at the Samsung SM-N9005 etc. logo with the top two lines saying:

KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit : kernel

After a good 15-20s pause the phone just shuts down.

Question
What the verdict? This thing is salvageable or should I start weeping?
Sounds like you just flashed the cm11 kernel boot.img

Just flash the latest twrp recovery, backup your existing setup in twrp.. format system, cache, data and internal storage if you want.. then flash cm11 and then gapps

Sent from my SM-N9005