Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best USB3 hub?

Tip us?

mashed_ash
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Best USB3 hub?

Hi Guys,

I miss having 2 USB ports on the dock like the old TF101, so I was thinking about buying a USB Hub (Bus Powered) like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker%C2%AE-...ords=usb+3+hub

Just wondering if anyone here has used something similar to this with the TF701.

Thanks,

Ash
The Following User Says Thank You to mashed_ash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tbartold
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashed_ash View Post
Hi Guys,

I miss having 2 USB ports on the dock like the old TF101, so I was thinking about buying a USB Hub (Bus Powered) like this:

Just wondering if anyone here has used something similar to this with the TF701.

Thanks,

Ash
I suppose I have the same question, now.

I just purchased the usb-3 amazon basics 4-port powered hub, and I'm having some issues. (Can't post a link)

I figured I'd need a powered hub for some of my devices.

I have 2TB Passport drive that the regular dock port recognizes, but hen plugged in through the powered hub, it takes a really long time, and then shows no files in the file manager. I have been able to access DVDs when a data DVD is in my SE-218BB drive, but haven't explored every device yet.

I'm not sude how this can work with mulitple devices on the hub. I don't see any more than the one UB device ever showing up.

Is this a limitation of the dock, or the tablet?