Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,591 Members 37,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moving from "Carbon" to CM11

Tip us?

_dave
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Moving from "Carbon" to CM11

On my HD+, I have been very happy with my version of Carbon (Carbon version-jb-unofficial-20131205-1426 to the point of not updating over a year.

Well now, I am really thinking of going to 4.4.3 (currently 4.3.1).

With all of the great posting you guys have on doing it right, I'm ready.

My question for all, what is the best way to move to CM11 form CARBON ROM version???

BTW - I do not have any backup of the original i case I have to go all the way back.

Since it been awhile, I do remember using an SD card for the installation (EMM??). Is that even possible now?

One last question, keeping up with all the on-going issues with CM11, should I go with the nightly builds and just keep updating or use a "stable" build for now?

Thanks to all for the help,
_dave

_dave
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Can not anyone tell me the best to go on this??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dave View Post
On my HD+, I have been very happy with my version of Carbon (Carbon version-jb-unofficial-20131205-1426 to the point of not updating over a year.

My question for all, what is the best way to move to CM11 form CARBON ROM version???

BTW - I do not have any backup of the original i case I have to go all the way back.

Since it been awhile, I do remember using an SD card for the installation (EMM??). Is that even possible now?

One last question, keeping up with all the on-going issues with CM11, should I go with the nightly builds and just keep updating or use a "stable" build for now?

_dave

JanSpatschek
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by _dave View Post

_dave
If you want CM11, use Succulent's ROM, which you can download here: http://goo.im/devs/succulent/ovation...MAR2014_HD.zip

Backup all of your apps with Titanium Backup and you are good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to JanSpatschek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pchc_lx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanSpatschek View Post
If you want CM11, use Succulent's ROM, which you can download here: xxxx

Backup all of your apps with Titanium Backup and you are good to go.
hi, i installed CM11 using the latest official Nightly from the CM website. what is this Succelent ROM, should I be using it instead? i only ask because performance is not amazing at the moment. my concern is the ROM you posted is from March 07 where as my Nightly is from yesterday or so. any reason to use what you posted instead? thanks.

_dave
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Jan, thanks for your help. I'm getting it now. Quick several questions.
Which app pak should I use? Or does Succulent have the latest?
I believe I need a newer version based the latest Android built for compatibility.
Or do I just restore my backup?