Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto G dials from itself

Tip us?

lampemi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Moto G dials from itself

Hello,

Since a few weeks a colleague mentions me I'm calling him a lot during the weekend. I thought it came by the flipcover and not closing the dialer app properly. He's on the favorite screen, so maybe by closing the flip cover the cover touched the image and the phone started dialing.

But....this morning my mother in law called me at 6.30am why I called her? I was a sleep so didn't call her, I checked the call log and indeed, a call went out to her a few minutes before. As the phone is next to me, I'm sure nobody touched the phone.

Anyone had this experience or knows what I can check?

Regards,
Michel

pisherthefisher
Old
Thanks Meter 343
That's pretty weird. You're using a flip cover right? Do you usually keep your phone app open when you turn your screen off?

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

lampemi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisherthefisher View Post
That's pretty weird. You're using a flip cover right? Do you usually keep your phone app open when you turn your screen off?

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

I'm calling a lot, I try to pay attention the phone app is closed.

This morning I'm sure the Moto g started dialing out of itself because everyone was still a sleep and it was just beside me on the nighttable.

Pretty anoying when he's calling people at night

rudi_j7
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Same thing happens to me when I keep my phone in my pocket and I forget to lock it. It randomly starts calling my friends, and when I check the recent apps, it shows that my phone opened a large number of apps..... So I guess it's because when the phone isn't locked and something touches the screen, it triggers strange behaviour. That could be the case with your flip cover.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampemi View Post

Pretty anoying when he's calling people at night
I gotta say that this sounds very creepy.

Anyway, it happens to me very rarely because the dialer is sort of stupidly made, wherever you press in the recent calls it dials directly (besides the contact picture).Same goes to the 3 favorites in the gray squares.
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.

Tlo218
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Im having the same issue.

Sent from my XT1028 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app