Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Suggestions for how to avoid pocket-dialing my ICE contacts and 911?

OP paul99se

17th May 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I use a pattern lock (but the same applies for PIN locks): it's so easy to pocket-press "Emergency Call" and then one of my ICE contacts. I don't want to remove the emergency button (for emergencies), but I would love some kind of additional pattern or gesture to dial from the emergency dialer to prevent false pocket calls.

Any suggestions?
18th May 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 288

1,008 posts
i dont use a lock on my lockscreen but have you tried Settings > Accessibility > Interaction Control?
18th May 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I tried, but interaction control is not a viable solution. Only one region can be masked off.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th May 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul99se

I use a pattern lock (but the same applies for PIN locks): it's so easy to pocket-press "Emergency Call" and then one of my ICE contacts. I don't want to remove the emergency button (for emergencies), but I would love some kind of additional pattern or gesture to dial from the emergency dialer to prevent false pocket calls.

Any suggestions?

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. And, I have my wife as my ICE contact and it calls her work number (as I have that entered 1st) and she calls and asks me was I trying to reach her. Good thing I wasn't saying anything bad!! I just removed her as the contact number and all is fine now.
17th June 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 41

261 posts
If you are rooted get sqlite editor and go here, data --> data --> com.android.providers.contacts --> databases -->contacts2.db --> emergency and edit the 911 contact to something else. Obviously make it a number that doesn't work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread