Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Suggestions for how to avoid pocket-dialing my ICE contacts and 911?

Tip us?

paul99se
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Suggestions for how to avoid pocket-dialing my ICE contacts and 911?

I use a pattern lock (but the same applies for PIN locks): it's so easy to pocket-press "Emergency Call" and then one of my ICE contacts. I don't want to remove the emergency button (for emergencies), but I would love some kind of additional pattern or gesture to dial from the emergency dialer to prevent false pocket calls.

Any suggestions?

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 253
i dont use a lock on my lockscreen but have you tried Settings > Accessibility > Interaction Control?

paul99se
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried, but interaction control is not a viable solution. Only one region can be masked off.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jboogie1289
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul99se View Post
I use a pattern lock (but the same applies for PIN locks): it's so easy to pocket-press "Emergency Call" and then one of my ICE contacts. I don't want to remove the emergency button (for emergencies), but I would love some kind of additional pattern or gesture to dial from the emergency dialer to prevent false pocket calls.

Any suggestions?
I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. And, I have my wife as my ICE contact and it calls her work number (as I have that entered 1st) and she calls and asks me was I trying to reach her. Good thing I wasn't saying anything bad!! I just removed her as the contact number and all is fine now.

konaman
Old
Thanks Meter 22
If you are rooted get sqlite editor and go here, data --> data --> com.android.providers.contacts --> databases -->contacts2.db --> emergency and edit the 911 contact to something else. Obviously make it a number that doesn't work.