Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Not Sure How to Fix Nexus 5

OP mrxip1

16th June 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Yesterday I was trying to update my Nexus 5 from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3. It rebooted me into CWM recovery and asked me to install the .zip to update. It finished successfully, but then it asked me something upon rebooting about fixing root that I had not seen before. I clicked "Go Back" but when I did it shut down and now it will not boot android (all I can see if the coloured circles forever) and when I try to enter recovery mode all I can see is an android symbol with its chest open and a red error triangle. So I have no access to android or CWM, and only to fastboot mode. Is my phone bricked or is there a fix?
17th June 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,680

2,315 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxip1

Yesterday I was trying to update my Nexus 5 from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3. It rebooted me into CWM recovery and asked me to install the .zip to update. It finished successfully, but then it asked me something upon rebooting about fixing root that I had not seen before. I clicked "Go Back" but when I did it shut down and now it will not boot android (all I can see if the coloured circles forever) and when I try to enter recovery mode all I can see is an android symbol with its chest open and a red error triangle. So I have no access to android or CWM, and only to fastboot mode. Is my phone bricked or is there a fix?

Don't worry your device is not fully bricked, just soft-bricked. You have two options, since you have access, to fastboot you can reflash a custom recovery and then sideload a custom ROM and flash that in the custom recovery. Or your other option is to use fastboot to flash the stock factory image for Android 4.4.3 for the Nexus 5 which can be found here. Let me know if you still have questions I'll be happy to help you out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread