Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 54,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not Sure How to Fix Nexus 5

Tip us?

mrxip1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Not Sure How to Fix Nexus 5

Yesterday I was trying to update my Nexus 5 from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3. It rebooted me into CWM recovery and asked me to install the .zip to update. It finished successfully, but then it asked me something upon rebooting about fixing root that I had not seen before. I clicked "Go Back" but when I did it shut down and now it will not boot android (all I can see if the coloured circles forever) and when I try to enter recovery mode all I can see is an android symbol with its chest open and a red error triangle. So I have no access to android or CWM, and only to fastboot mode. Is my phone bricked or is there a fix?

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,541

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxip1 View Post
Yesterday I was trying to update my Nexus 5 from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3. It rebooted me into CWM recovery and asked me to install the .zip to update. It finished successfully, but then it asked me something upon rebooting about fixing root that I had not seen before. I clicked "Go Back" but when I did it shut down and now it will not boot android (all I can see if the coloured circles forever) and when I try to enter recovery mode all I can see is an android symbol with its chest open and a red error triangle. So I have no access to android or CWM, and only to fastboot mode. Is my phone bricked or is there a fix?
Don't worry your device is not fully bricked, just soft-bricked. You have two options, since you have access, to fastboot you can reflash a custom recovery and then sideload a custom ROM and flash that in the custom recovery. Or your other option is to use fastboot to flash the stock factory image for Android 4.4.3 for the Nexus 5 which can be found here. Let me know if you still have questions I'll be happy to help you out.