Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Whats the best way to get to NC5 from ME7

Tip us?

jdfrye
Old
(Last edited by jdfrye; 17th June 2014 at 02:47 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Whats the best way to get to NC5 from ME7

Son has the ME7 bootloader and rooted but we need to get to NC5. we know it will lose root but I understand we could downgrade if we wanted to re root later.(posted before towelroot)
So my question is how do we do it. hard to find threads on such a old bootloader. the ones we find tell how to get to mk2 but none later.
~~~It takes guts to stay unrooted~~

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfrye View Post
Son has the ME7 bootloader and rooted but we need to get to NC5. we know it will lose root but I understand we could downgrade if we wanted to re root later.
So my question is how do we do it. hard to find threads on such a old bootloader. the ones we find tell how to get to mk2 but none later.
Nice and easy...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

Try the no wipe one first or just save everything that's on internal memory and use full wipe[emoji106][emoji111]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdfrye
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Thank you so much! I do that full wipe. I had problems with it failing like 6 times then I grabbed a nexus 7 cable and plugged it into a different USB port and everything passed. Not sure if it was the cable or the port.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
~~~It takes guts to stay unrooted~~