Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more
Post Reply

[Q] Cant send unicode characters to iPhone?

OP nippynz

5th June 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hi,

So I'm having a lot of trouble trying to configure a solution to this problem! When I text my girlfriend who is French, her iPhone can't receive accented characters, it instead replaces them with other characters. I presume this is a problem with the Unicode settings on my phone but can't find much information on this topic anywhere! I have a Samsung galaxy s i9000 international triband, baseband I900XXJVT running cm10.1.3 (android 4.2.2). I live in.new Zealand and I'm with 2degrees as my provider, have recently switched from skinny due to band issues. Any help would be much apprecjated ! Thanks!!
6th June 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Hi There,

dont know if i can really help.
i'm also on 2degrees, were the messages working correctly on skinny?
have you tried texting the same message to another Iphone? or another phone?
and/or texed from another phone to her Iphone?
10th June 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby_lost

Hi There,

dont know if i can really help.
i'm also on 2degrees, were the messages working correctly on skinny?
have you tried texting the same message to another Iphone? or another phone?
and/or texed from another phone to her Iphone?

Yes, I have tried many different phones. I'm sure its not the network now, so more looking at trying to see how i can change the settings on my phone, but there seems to be nothing? Can it be that the version of ROM i'm running is the problem and I need to change ROM's?
11th June 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nippynz

Yes, I have tried many different phones. I'm sure its not the network now, so more looking at trying to see how i can change the settings on my phone, but there seems to be nothing? Can it be that the version of ROM i'm running is the problem and I need to change ROM's?

If you have tried different phones i'd say the likelihood of it being a ROM issue drops through the floor.
Unless by complete coincidence all the other phones you used were running the same ROM (or had the exactly the same settings).
Also if everything worked on skinny that would make me lean toward it being a carrier issue.
I did a quick Google and came up with this article from Apple, sounds very similar to what you have.

*** I cant post a link yet
uummm ... go to apple, then support that search "SMS messages may display incorrectly on other devices"
the article should come up at the top of the list.

hope that helps.
17th June 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby_lost

If you have tried different phones i'd say the likelihood of it being a ROM issue drops through the floor.
Unless by complete coincidence all the other phones you used were running the same ROM (or had the exactly the same settings).
Also if everything worked on skinny that would make me lean toward it being a carrier issue.
I did a quick Google and came up with this article from Apple, sounds very similar to what you have.

*** I cant post a link yet
uummm ... go to apple, then support that search "SMS messages may display incorrectly on other devices"
the article should come up at the top of the list.

hope that helps.

Thanks for your help on this! I think you may be correct with the ROM theory, I will just have to change my rom and find out!
17th June 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nippynz

Thanks for your help on this! I think you may be correct with the ROM theory, I will just have to change my rom and find out!

no problem,
its the small things that are the biggest the bum.

*oh (light bulb moment) have you tried sending a MMS instead of a text? or using whatsapp or similar?

could be a short term work around.
best of luck.
17th June 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #7  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 1,794
 
3,574 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
@nippynz it will work with Hangouts or Gmail, Yahoo etc.
It is BTW Apple's speciality to break purposely the compatibility between their products and Android or PC. Not even JPEG or MP3 file data transfer with Bluetooth will work between Android and iPhone. Apple sucks!

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes