FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[Q] Can't update OTA 4.4.3 w/rooted stock GPE

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By 1337squirrel, Junior Member on 13th June 2014, 12:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi folks! I have a Galaxy S4 GPE, rooted and unlocked, but stock otherwise. When I try to run the OTA update for 4.4.3, the phone reboots into TeamWin recovery and appears to start installing. The install errors out though. Can I not install the OTA update because I'm rooted? If so, would reverting the rooting allow me to install? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
 
 
13th June 2014, 12:37 PM |#2  
Aamirx27's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Srinagar
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Install Stock recovery and then try again
15th June 2014, 03:46 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aamirx12

Install Stock recovery and then try again

Is there a thread on how to do that? I seem to remember when I installed this recovery tool to root the phone, it wiped everything. Is it going to do that again? Because I don't want to have to keep wiping my phone every time a new Android update comes out just to be rooted.
15th June 2014, 08:06 AM |#4  
Aamirx27's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Srinagar
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337squirrel

Is there a thread on how to do that? I seem to remember when I installed this recovery tool to root the phone, it wiped everything. Is it going to do that again? Because I don't want to have to keep wiping my phone every time a new Android update comes out just to be rooted.

Flash it via Odin or simply restore recovery from Nandroid backup..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477
this may help you..
15th June 2014, 08:23 AM |#5  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 821
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337squirrel

Hi folks! I have a Galaxy S4 GPE, rooted and unlocked, but stock otherwise. When I try to run the OTA update for 4.4.3, the phone reboots into TeamWin recovery and appears to start installing. The install errors out though. Can I not install the OTA update because I'm rooted? If so, would reverting the rooting allow me to install? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Follow this GUIDE (Method 1: Update Via Custom Recovery).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título-2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	2799180  
17th June 2014, 03:12 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

Follow this GUIDE (Method 1: Update Via Custom Recovery).

I went through that method, and it's essentially the same thing, except that I'm downloading the actual update file myself and not letting Android handle it. Needless to say it didn't work. I also updated my TWRP to 2.7.1.0 and tried; no luck. I also uninstalled SuperSU to see if removing root would help. It didn't.
17th June 2014, 07:15 AM |#7  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 821
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337squirrel

I went through that method, and it's essentially the same thing, except that I'm downloading the actual update file myself and not letting Android handle it. Needless to say it didn't work. I also updated my TWRP to 2.7.1.0 and tried; no luck. I also uninstalled SuperSU to see if removing root would help. It didn't.

It's the problem of no read for be vague. It worked perfectly on the GPE of my sister. The update that appears in the website is ready for install it through custom recovery. Read all the guide:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título-2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	2802852  
Last edited by Joku1981; 17th June 2014 at 07:19 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes