Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't update OTA 4.4.3 w/rooted stock GPE

OP 1337squirrel

13th June 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Hi folks! I have a Galaxy S4 GPE, rooted and unlocked, but stock otherwise. When I try to run the OTA update for 4.4.3, the phone reboots into TeamWin recovery and appears to start installing. The install errors out though. Can I not install the OTA update because I'm rooted? If so, would reverting the rooting allow me to install? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
13th June 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Srinagar
Thanks Meter: 70

403 posts
More
Install Stock recovery and then try again
15th June 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aamirx12

Install Stock recovery and then try again

Is there a thread on how to do that? I seem to remember when I installed this recovery tool to root the phone, it wiped everything. Is it going to do that again? Because I don't want to have to keep wiping my phone every time a new Android update comes out just to be rooted.
15th June 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Srinagar
Thanks Meter: 70

403 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337squirrel

Is there a thread on how to do that? I seem to remember when I installed this recovery tool to root the phone, it wiped everything. Is it going to do that again? Because I don't want to have to keep wiping my phone every time a new Android update comes out just to be rooted.

Flash it via Odin or simply restore recovery from Nandroid backup..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477
this may help you..
15th June 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 571

1,846 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi folks! I have a Galaxy S4 GPE, rooted and unlocked, but stock otherwise. When I try to run the OTA update for 4.4.3, the phone reboots into TeamWin recovery and appears to start installing. The install errors out though. Can I not install the OTA update because I'm rooted? If so, would reverting the rooting allow me to install? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Follow this GUIDE (Method 1: Update Via Custom Recovery).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título-2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	2799180  
17th June 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

Follow this GUIDE (Method 1: Update Via Custom Recovery).

I went through that method, and it's essentially the same thing, except that I'm downloading the actual update file myself and not letting Android handle it. Needless to say it didn't work. I also updated my TWRP to 2.7.1.0 and tried; no luck. I also uninstalled SuperSU to see if removing root would help. It didn't.
17th June 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 571

1,846 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I went through that method, and it's essentially the same thing, except that I'm downloading the actual update file myself and not letting Android handle it. Needless to say it didn't work. I also updated my TWRP to 2.7.1.0 and tried; no luck. I also uninstalled SuperSU to see if removing root would help. It didn't.

It's the problem of no read for be vague. It worked perfectly on the GPE of my sister. The update that appears in the website is ready for install it through custom recovery. Read all the guide:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título-2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	2802852  
Last edited by Joku1981; 17th June 2014 at 08:19 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread