Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,563 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will XT907 ROMS work on XT905?

Tip us?

drshellgon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Is it possible to update to Cyanogenmod if your Razr M is already running Jelly Bean? Cos the Australian version comes preloaded with Jelly Bean and I don't know if there's any way to downgrade it back to ICS to unlock the bootloader.

Zahidrao
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faateh View Post
Try CarbonROM, really good kitkat rom in my opinion

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

and as for this error you will have to add xt905 in it or remove getvar lines. google it . (not confirm. just came in my mind)
ok after updating cmw 6.04, CM 11 and Carbon ROM working perfectly in my XT905

thanks to all for helping me

lem22
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by drshellgon View Post
Is it possible to update to Cyanogenmod if your Razr M is already running Jelly Bean? Cos the Australian version comes preloaded with Jelly Bean and I don't know if there's any way to downgrade it back to ICS to unlock the bootloader.
No, your bootloader has to be unlocked. But since the Australian Razr M is not a Verizon phone, there's no need for exploits etc.
You can unlock it the official way.
The Following User Says Thank You to lem22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drshellgon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lem22 View Post
No, your bootloader has to be unlocked. But since the Australian Razr M is not a Verizon phone, there's no need for exploits etc.
You can unlock it the official way.
From your URL, is this the link I should be using? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1928551

And additionally, even after unlocking the bootloader, don't I have to somehow downgrade back down to ICS to flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1928551

Thanks

lem22
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
From your URL, is this the link I should be using? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1928551
Yes, according to the posts there it should be possible through Moto's site.

Quote:
And additionally, even after unlocking the bootloader, don't I have to somehow downgrade back down to ICS to flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1928551
It's not about ICS, it's about having a firmware with an unpatched exploit for the unlock and the latest even was a JB one. But this is only for Verizon devices and there is no way to downgrade with a locked bootloader anyway.

So, if your bootloader is locked, you cannot downgrade. If it's unlocked you don't have to downgrade (because it would be only for the unlock...).

drshellgon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Yes, according to the posts there it should be possible through Moto's site.

It's not about ICS, it's about having a firmware with an unpatched exploit for the unlock and the latest even was a JB one. But this is only for Verizon devices and there is no way to downgrade with a locked bootloader anyway.

So, if your bootloader is locked, you cannot downgrade. If it's unlocked you don't have to downgrade (because it would be only for the unlock...).
Thanks, but one more question: with CM11 at this link here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Moto_msm8960_Info, is the 9.18.79 firmware JB?

lem22
Old
Thanks Meter 19
It says
Quote:
This can only be accomplished on stock firmware versions prior to 9.18.79
Since the builds are unified for all the 2012 Razrs, 9.18.79 is for Razr HD (yes, it's JB and the latest unlockable was JB too).

But since yesterday and the new towelroot this is already a bit outdated, because even newer KK firmwares seem to be unlockable again (until Moto patch it another time).

drshellgon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
It says
Since the builds are unified for all the 2012 Razrs, 9.18.79 is for Razr HD (yes, it's JB and the latest unlockable was JB too).

But since yesterday and the new towelroot this is already a bit outdated, because even newer KK firmwares seem to be unlockable again (until Moto patch it another time).
Oh haha thanks so much happening with the RAZR M recently. So since this info is probably outdated, should I just wait a while for everything to get up to date before thinking about flashing?